Retro Wrangler inspired JKU build

justageek

More parts arriving slowly. Got the new cage today. https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-1030-1l.htm
c195292c86e20e5cf16257cae87b443a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

justageek

The weather between South Carolina and Texas finally cleared up enough for FedEx Freight to deliver more parts. These arrived today.
c7722a9a24fa47cea8cdeb2139e20ba1.jpg
b604619595ce3d98e5572b9875b672c0.jpg
cf6e66eef6247ac4d13ae8990b1a3115.jpg

big a

Adventurer
Awesome project! My 3.8 was drinking oil to the tune of 1.5 qts per wk just in daily commuting. I went the 4bt direction. Still have a ways to go with it. I love this project, and am excited to watch the progress!

Curious as to what bed you're planning to use. Are you going to fab your own?

Last edited:

billiebob

I'm thrilled this is definitely a project O love but on overland portal?????

I'm drfinitely watching but how is this overland related.

justageek

I'm drfinitely watching but how is this overland related.

There are a couple of answers to that. First, the people here are awesome and I wanted to share. Second, once I'm done I plan to drive this all over the southwest states, exploring ghost towns and back roads.
If you have a suggestion for a better place to post I'd be happy to try that too.

billiebob

There are a couple of answers to that. First, the people here are awesome and I wanted to share. Second, once I'm done I plan to drive this all over the southwest states, exploring ghost towns and back roads.
If you have a suggestion for a better place to post I'd be happy to try that too.

as I said, awesome build, just kind of more Jeep build than overland build, and I'm watching, this forum is more about travel, refrigeration, sleeping accomodations.......,extending the range fuel economy, fuel capacity...... lol I don't see this doing any of that......

where else to post???? really you have missed the other 5000 forums all dedicated to Jeep Builds, horsepower, retro, "hot rod that Jeep" ........ but not to be critical...... just commenting and looking forward to those overlanding, expedition related mods once the hot rodding is done.....

ps, no need to react, you are building a great retro Gladiator. I love guys who camp with hot rodded Jeeps

heres one with a Corvette 283..... retro today but its 30 years old....

JT 21.jpg

Bullseye240

Adventurer
as I said, awesome build, just kind of more Jeep build than overland build, and I'm watching, this forum is more about travel, refrigeration, sleeping accomodations.......,extending the range fuel economy, fuel capacity...... lol I don't see this doing any of that......

where else to post???? really you have missed the other 5000 forums all dedicated to Jeep Builds, horsepower, retro, "hot rod that Jeep" ........ but not to be critical...... just commenting and looking forward to those overlanding, expedition related mods once the hot rodding is done.....

ps, no need to react, you are building a great retro Gladiator. I love guys who camp with hot rodded Jeeps

heres one with a Corvette 283..... retro today but its 30 years old....

View attachment 685033
Don't listen to this fool, as you said you plan on exploring places with this so that makes this the perfect place to have this project. Keep posting updates. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94