Requesting quiet....

Czech

I just scored a nice 2010 Chevy 4500 Ambulance. Duramax, great condition. Except.... It's noisy. Really loud in the cab. Anyone know of any sound deadening floor mats/door insulation etc. That might help?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
what do you have on the floor now? check the engine cover fit up carefully, any gaps will cause a lot of noise..

This - all the padding and insulation in the world won't do any good if you don't have a good seal around the dog house.

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
A buddy has a 07 GMC van KUV with the Duramax and I drove it for a few days a couple weeks ago and was surprised how quiet it was. I wonder what is different about yours.

whith

Third that, check your doghouse seal and how it’s seated. The Duramax is much quieter than either of the fairly recent Ford diesels. Mines an LML based LGH so slightly different, but it’s more quiet than my buddies 5.3 gas v8.

Might be worth confirming that you don't have an exhaust leak or something. I spent more hours than I care to think about sitting a few feet from a 6.6 duramax in various 07 3500 vans and overall found them to be pretty quiet, even when they got up over 200k miles.

Binky

Sometimes I drive a 2016 3500 w/ Duramax for work. Even doing 80+ pushing a 30 mph headwind with a camper on the back, it is still quiet.
Of course, everything is quieter than my 7.3 IDI...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles