Request: pics/info of your 2009-2014 F150 Supercrew builds

CountryboyNC

@KWJohnston I'll hit on the 2nd point before I go off to bed; THIS is the winch mount that I used, and per the page its 43 pounds, and then I used THIS winch which weighs in 66 pounds so yeah putting ~109 pounds up front will be noticeable but not horrible. I noticed more weight when I went to beadlocks and bigger tires. If you went with a level package or a setup from ICON or whatever down the road you could eliminate the rake completely. I went to midperch setting on the front shocks of my truck but went back to bottom perch for warranty reasons.

I can get you an exact weight on the hidden winch mount if needed. I have one sitting on my garage floor that I want to get rid of.

akmedic77

Late to the party, but here you go...

5ce4a0cc216103035dee3262a7471c96.jpg

It’s an EcoBoost with some minor mods:
-S&B Cold Air Intake
-BBK Throttle Body
-Leer Topper w/Thule Roof Rack
-ArcRite Brush Guard
-Rigid/JW Speaker Lighting

I run two sets of wheels for winter and summer (not many great off-road trails in Alaska, so she’s a highway queen).

Other than that, pretty much factory. Pushing 106K with no major work and one major accident - full title still in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KWJohnston

When I started this thread I was looking for Ideas for a build of my own. I had made my mind up on a 2011-2014 Supercrew with 5.0 and 5.5 bed, and was interested to see what you guys had done with yours. After looking at a bunch of Trucks my ideas about what I liked and what fit my needs began to change. Everyone has a different setup that works for them and I think I found whats gonna work for me.

I just got a 2017 F150, Supercab, Silver exterior, XLT trim, 2.7 Ecoboost (I know it surprised me too), 3.73 locking rear axle, and tow package. It's all stock for now, except for a spray in bedliner. For my purposes the 6.5 bed was just going to work better, and I felt like the Supercab would be fine for occasional family hauling duty. The 2.7 ecoboost was a real surprise! Had my mind set on a 5.0 from the start, but the little 2.7 is smooth, quiet and has plenty of Torque especially with the 3.73 gears. I hope that it proves to be dependable so I don't regret my decision.

Whenever I get around to building it up a bit I'll be sure to start a new thread.

Best

D

Deleted member 9101

When I started this thread I was looking for Ideas for a build of my own. I had made my mind up on a 2011-2014 Supercrew with 5.0 and 5.5 bed, and was interested to see what you guys had done with yours. After looking at a bunch of Trucks my ideas about what I liked and what fit my needs began to change. Everyone has a different setup that works for them and I think I found whats gonna work for me.

I just got a 2017 F150, Supercab, Silver exterior, XLT trim, 2.7 Ecoboost (I know it surprised me too), 3.73 locking rear axle, and tow package. It's all stock for now, except for a spray in bedliner. For my purposes the 6.5 bed was just going to work better, and I felt like the Supercab would be fine for occasional family hauling duty. The 2.7 ecoboost was a real surprise! Had my mind set on a 5.0 from the start, but the little 2.7 is smooth, quiet and has plenty of Torque especially with the 3.73 gears. I hope that it proves to be dependable so I don't regret my decision.

Whenever I get around to building it up a bit I'll be sure to start a new thread.

Best

Congrats on the truck!

If you really want to be impressed with the 2.7, get the Highlander tune from Brew City Boost. It makes it into a completly different animal.

I have 50k on my 2017 2.7 and it's been 100% problem free. It's done everything from tow a camper from Fl to NM to taking passes down the 1/4 mile. It's never flinched. If you go look at the various F150 forums you'll find plenty of 2.7s with 100,000 miles that are problem free.

KWJohnston

Has it stopped raining yet?

Ha! The truck still sitting exactly like the day I got it. Very happy.

I'm in the planning stage of modifications. Been reading though a bunch of old threads. Trying to decide on tires (started a thread in Fireside Chat) Also deciding on a Rack vs Shell and storage solution for the bed. Think I wanna try the Decked system but want to find a used one in case I don't like it. I posted a WTB in the classified section.

I don't wanna mess up this 09-14 thread, so I'll start a new one eventually and post pics.....as soon as I figure out how!

Last edited:

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Ha! The truck still sitting exactly like the day I got it. Very happy.

I'm in the planning stage of modifications. Been reading though a bunch of old threads. Trying to decide on tires (started a thread in Fireside Chat) Also deciding on a Rack vs Shell and storage solution for the bed. Think I wanna try the Decked system but want to find a used one in case I don't like it. I posted a WTB in the classified section.

I don't wanna mess up this 09-14 thread, so I'll start a new one eventually and post pics.....as soon as I figure out how!

CTRL+P then either drop the image or add the link from a 3rd party hosting site.

akmedic77

Haha! Another EcoBoost convert!

I’ve got a ‘13 FX4 Crew Short Bed. Mostly appearance items and two motor bolt on parts (CAI, Throttle Body).

I need the lighting for running at night in Alaska (I’ve been involved with two moose strikes) and the cap for dogs.

With the added lights I’m pushing almost 20K lumens and over 326K candela. I can visibly light the road for about a 1/2 mile and light reflectors at a mile. All are fed through a dedicated fuse block and SPDT switches relayed to my high beams (relay - off - on).

445c17907f1e3aaf04e4b9cfb7a0e71b.jpg

372f45144096d349545a5cfe8124c1ab.jpg
d2f17969ac7835e04d30b666d915b5bb.jpg
39c4479c219cd96b70594d13469b2b91.jpg
366ea195a0b710528b45d21f03516577.jpg

It’s also survived being rear ended at a dead stop. They cut it in half and put it together using a sectional frame repair.

27c2a69847486eadb9587c029b210010.jpg
fcd5b057ebfd40f0b5d4853ef825a919.jpg

So know that it’ll hold up and keep ya safe. Wife (31 weeks pregnant at the time) walked away with a little stress and a visit to OB, but all is well. He’s a happy three year old now.

I’ve rolled through 116K miles with mostly maintenance items and a few other small items. Nothing super major, but labor intensive. Plenum twice and the transmission TSBs. You should have gotten out of those by going beyond a ‘14.

Edit: just realized I’ve already posted above, FWIW.

Last edited:

akmedic77

I'd love to get stationed up in Alaska. I did a few trips up there and I love it. The people are great and awesomely weird from the isolation. Excellent truck @akmedic77

Alaska has a lot to offer. I’m originally front MT, so it’s close but Alaska wins. Came up in ‘06 and never left. It’s true for a lot that come up here, and many come back. Put it on your short list, it might happen! Have had two get stationed elsewhere to be scheduled to come back. So it is a real possibility.

All of the miles on my rig are Alaska miles, so she’s only ever known mostly easy summer roads and snow. Some farm time. Stuck once in her life. Haha.

51fda3c8d7c9ba3877f693c4001c9f8c.jpg
e28f7391c2c44d75bec53b0488fe30e9.jpg

No amount of digging would have helped this. Tractor eased it right out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles