Reputable Toyota 4x4 Shops Near Boise?

Surf44

Just moved to Boise from Florida, sold my sprinter van and picked up a 2000 100 series Landcruiser, runs and drives great but it's completely stock. Anyone know of any good reputable 4x4 shops around the Boise area? I wouldn't mind if I need to drive a little bit to get to one but really want a place that really knows what their talking about with Toyotas and hopefully specifcally landcruisers. I would be nice to have someone who is a true expert on Landcruisers to just give mine a once over to see if anything catches their eye that could turn to a potentially big repair that I would never catch.

4000lbsOfGoat

I'm not sure how you would define driving "a little" but Overland Cruisers in Belgrade, MT is about as knowledgeable as you're going to get about Land Cruisers. Excellent folks and they do excellent work.

In the other direction there is Mike's Custom Toys in Grant's Pass, OR. Mikes knows his Toyota's but is probably less experienced with Land Cruisers specifically than the guys at Overland Cruisers.

I've had major work done by both shops and recommend them both.

Sorry I don't know of anything in Idaho...

Cheers.

sn_85

Observer
I've lived in Boise for about 1.5 years. Moved there from B'ham. The only good Land Cruiser shop in Boise is Sun to North LC. The only issue is that they are always booked out for months. The really specialize in restomods for older gen LC's like the 60,70 and 80. For basic maintenance and work I would trust LTS Motors. Other options include Salt Lake City with Cruiser Outfitters and State Automotive.

Surf44

Awesome Thanks I'll check all those spots out. I don't think it needs much as far as repairs. The previous owners put a lot of money into it all done at Toyota, I was mainly looking for someone that has expert experience to take a look and they might see something that needs replaced that I would never catch.

Arktikos

Explorer
Awesome Thanks I'll check all those spots out. I don't think it needs much as far as repairs. The previous owners put a lot of money into it all done at Toyota, I was mainly looking for someone that has expert experience to take a look and they might see something that needs replaced that I would never catch.
Starter, water pump/timing belt and heater Ts are sort of preventative maintenance for the 100 if they're original. Brake master and steering rack are a couple items that might eventually fail with enough miles and use. Keep it stock and enjoy that flagship Toyota reliability.

Surf44

the previous owners had toyota put a brand new engine in and tons of preventative maintenance. Only real thing I'm having now is getting horrible gas mileage, I know these won't be the best being V8 and AWD but I'm getting like 12 constantly! I would think being completley stock I would be around the 15 city close to 20 highway. Right? or is this owning a landcruiser?

bkg

Explorer
the previous owners had toyota put a brand new engine in and tons of preventative maintenance. Only real thing I'm having now is getting horrible gas mileage, I know these won't be the best being V8 and AWD but I'm getting like 12 constantly! I would think being completley stock I would be around the 15 city close to 20 highway. Right? or is this owning a landcruiser?

uh... I think you're about right at 12mpg. 20 in an 80? Downhill with a tailwind, perhaps?

Surf44

uh... I think you're about right at 12mpg. 20 in an 80? Downhill with a tailwind, perhaps?
It's a 100 series and yes I am at 12 right now that's why I was asking that I figured being completely stock I would be closer to the 15-20 mark. I've heard tons of tundra drivers claim 15-20 all day long. I'm just trying to figure out if something is wrong and thats why I'm getting horrible mpgs.

bkg

Explorer
It's a 100 series and yes I am at 12 right now that's why I was asking that I figured being completely stock I would be closer to the 15-20 mark. I've heard tons of tundra drivers claim 15-20 all day long. I'm just trying to figure out if something is wrong and thats why I'm getting horrible mpgs.

got it. i misread.

i've owned 4 2nd Gen tundras... never got close to 20mpg. 13-14 average, 18.4 was a peak.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Do you idle a lot? City driving? I haven’t tracked my mpg yet but it seems better than that and I’m lifted with bumpers.

Surf44

Do you idle a lot? City driving? I haven’t tracked my mpg yet but it seems better than that and I’m lifted with bumpers.
Not too much I'm never stuck in traffic idling. That's what I'm thinking this can't be correct, completely stock non aggressive tires getting 12mpg. If I add a lift, tires, and a bumper I think I'll be at 8mpg! I've honestly always have gotten decent mpg from my toyotas something has to going wrong. I have no check engine lights and the engine was replaced by mother toyota maybe 30k miles ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles