Replacement rear leaf springs???

JLee Xterra

Hello all!
I’m new to the Forum. Can not believe I have just found this place. Seems like a world full of Off road, Overlanding information lives here.

Ok... so I have a 2012 Xterra 2WD. Yes I know I know. But in a couple years my son will get it and I’ll be back in a 4WD. But run what you brung righ!

I need to replace my rear leaf springs.
The stock springs are sagging and I have not heard good things about just replacing them with new stock springs do to how soft they are. I have seem many people going with the OME HD spring but will they work in a 2WD spring under set up or will I need to do a spring over conversion?

I’m still new to some of this and would love to hear some opinions on how I can move forward.

I did do a 3” spacer and shackle lift. With new bilstein shocks and struts. But the rear still sags a bit.

Again, thank you for anything information in advance.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
I have seem many people going with the OME HD spring but will they work in a 2WD spring under set up or will I need to do a spring over conversion?

My 4WD Xterra has a spring under setup. I could be wrong but I have no reason to believe the rear suspensions between 2WD and 4WD Xterra's differ in any way.

That said I run the OME HD setup and am quite pleased. (actually I think my rear leaf pack would be a medium duty pack. Very few have actually run a heavy rear pack as it's extremely harsh even for loaded setups, or at least that is my understanding.)

DaveN

Alcan Springs is the best option. Contact them and they'll take care of you. Excellent product and even better people.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Star-Lander

DEAVER Suspension came highly recommended to me from several folks as well as ALCAN. I'm actually taking my X in this week to have mine rear leaf springs done at DEAVER. I see that you are in Texas and there appears to be a bunch of shops that may be local to you. Here is a locator page if you are interested. DEAVER Suspension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles