Replacement Pop Up Canopy Bag

OhioGrown

Over the years I have removed the vehicle mounted awnings and replaced them with a Crown Pop up Canopy. While I like the versatility of the pop up canopy the storage bags are always crap. Does anyone have experience with a higher quality replacement bag? I was hoping to find some sort of military surplus bag but have not had any luck. I have only found large duffles and would like something more streamlined. While price is always considered I'm more concerned with quality over the cost.

If you are looking for something durable, Adventure Tool Company will custom make you a bag in waxed canvas with a YKk zipper. Just send them the ************ bag as a template.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OhioGrown

If you are looking for something durable, Adventure Tool Company will custom make you a bag in waxed canvas with a YKk zipper. Just send them the ************ bag as a template.

Thanks. I thought about contacting them or Blue Ridge Overland Gear to see if they could custom make something for me. I was hoping that I would be able to find something of good quality without having to resort to a custom piece.

dbhost

You have options, and I fully, completely and LOUDLY agree about using YKK zippers.

Option #1. Get a custom bag made by a trim / marine / upholstery shop. Use the original bag as a template and work with the shop for any changes you want to make. This will likely be a bit steep priced but there it is.
Option #2. Learn a skill and design / sew your own. And no I am not kidding. I have recently grabbed a sewing machine and am learning to sew, already made several small stowage bags. I am working on elaborating the art as it were... Highly recommend this approach but you may not want to invest the time or effort here...

Just another affordable idea...

Try checking facebook or just good ole fashioned word of mouth, seek out a seamstress that might be willing to sew something together for you for a small fee - you can source fabric, thread and zippers on Amazon and help out a stay at home mom, retired lady or whatever.

OhioGrown

You have options, and I fully, completely and LOUDLY agree about using YKK zippers.

Option #1. Get a custom bag made by a trim / marine / upholstery shop. Use the original bag as a template and work with the shop for any changes you want to make. This will likely be a bit steep priced but there it is.
Option #2. Learn a skill and design / sew your own. And no I am not kidding. I have recently grabbed a sewing machine and am learning to sew, already made several small stowage bags. I am working on elaborating the art as it were... Highly recommend this approach but you may not want to invest the time or effort here...
[/QUOTE
I might try making my own. Thanks for the idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke