Replacement bumpers for 2022 Tremor? Sensor friendly?

Sendit6.5

I got my 2022 Tremor F350 about a month ago and I’m looking for replacement bumpers - primarily a front bumper. Here in S. Texas, where I manage a large (13k acres) ranch it’s standard to slap a Ranch Hand bumper on the front and call it done; because of the high deer population and the frequency of deer strikes on the rural roads where I live. For my Tremor, which I’m planning to turn into an overland vehicle of sorts, I’d rather get something a little lighter duty but I do NOT want to give up my sensors and cameras. I’m HOPING that, by now, someone will have figured out how to make a aftermarket bumper that works with sensors and cameras.

Any suggestions? My first post here so take it easy on the newb. ??

Explorerinil

Observer
I’ve seen the ARB bumper on a tremor it looks great and they have the sensor holes I belive. Maby look at buckstop as well, be different, everyone has a ranch hand.

Sendit6.5

I was under the impression that at least for the Ranch Hand brand, they made bumpers with cutouts for sensors and cameras. Worth checking on.

Thanks for the reply! I think they DO accommodate sensors but I don’t want to add as much weight to this truck as a Ranch Hand will add. I’m planning to put a Carli Backcountry suspension on it and they don’t recommend adding too much weight to the front end (especially on a diesel) to get the full benefit of the suspension. So, I’m looking for other, less heavy options than RH.

I'm really surprised that companies aren’t coming up with brackets of some sort to hold all the sensors on a vehicle in the proper alignment. Doesn’t seem like rocket science.

Sendit6.5

I’ve seen the ARB bumper on a tremor it looks great and they have the sensor holes I belive. Maby look at buckstop as well, be different, everyone has a ranch hand.

I’ve been looking at Buckstop but when I heard Carli doesn’t recommend adding a ton of weight to the front, when running their suspensions, I’ve been looking for other options. I’ll check with ARB. Kinda sux that I’m going to have to trade some deer protection to get the suspension I want. However, I’m planning to put some very serious lighting on a roof rack and, possibly, add ditch lights as well; so my hope is that I’ll be able to see them (or freeze them) way before they are on the road.

TheDesertRat

Desert Nomad
Thanks so much! I’ll reach out to them. Does your bumper accommodate the adaptive cruise control?
I do not have it on my F150, it is too old. But the Expedition One website states the bumpers accommodate cameras and other electronics. It was my experience with them that they are able to make modifications to their bumpers to handle different needs.

370HSSV

Wait, ARB came out with a bumper for aluminum super duty (17+) now? I checked the ARB website, nothing come back up, only showing 2011-2016 F250 super duty, any pictures?

blacklbzbeauty

A youtuber named "Wranglerstar" put an after market winch ready front bumper on his SD that looks pretty good. I think it was a Buckstop?
May want to check it out.

bas157

Buckstop does have an aluminum option for their bumpers, that should greatly reduce the weight. I've got an aluminum bumper (TJM) on my '05 F250 and its lighter than the factory bumper, I can carry it with one arm. The buckstop aluminum option does have some steel in the construction from what it sounds like. See: https://www.buckstopinc.com/materials.html for more info about what they say

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I got my 2022 Tremor F350 about a month ago and I’m looking for replacement bumpers - primarily a front bumper. Here in S. Texas, where I manage a large (13k acres) ranch it’s standard to slap a Ranch Hand bumper on the front and call it done; because of the high deer population and the frequency of deer strikes on the rural roads where I live. For my Tremor, which I’m planning to turn into an overland vehicle of sorts, I’d rather get something a little lighter duty but I do NOT want to give up my sensors and cameras. I’m HOPING that, by now, someone will have figured out how to make a aftermarket bumper that works with sensors and cameras.

Any suggestions? My first post here so take it easy on the newb. ??
. https://www.cjcoffroad.com/collecti...-built-2017-2019-ford-super-duty-front-bumper. Strong without girder construction. The also supply Carli kits to transform the suspension.

Sendit6.5

I appreciate the reply but CJC’s bumper won’t work for my purposes, unfortunately; and it isn’t compatible with adaptive cruise control, which is one of the prerequisites I laid out. Honestly, aside from its slick minimalist appearance, the CJC bumper is pretty over-priced, IMO. I mean, it it’s $2,000 and comes with bare metal so you have to get it painted or powder coated yourself - something usually included with most bumpers. Plus, based on their description of their 3 part construction and it’s, “easy replacement” makes it sound like a lightweight bumper that’s easily crumpled. I need a stout bumper that can handle a deer strike at speed AND one that encourages deer to go UNDER the truck, rather than bouncing up and causing damage. Also, the CJC doesn’t seem to have easy access to the winch for operation. I appreciate the suggestion but I think I’m going to order one from FabFours. They have an option that accommodates adaptive cruise control along with 2 options for additional protection of the grill and/or lights; along with easy access to the winch for operation and good lighting options. In some ways it looks like the CJC but with the characteristics I need and a one piece construction. Best of all, by the wheel wells, it has an angle that helps clear over-sized tires. Since I’m putting one of Carli’s 3.5” suspension kits on, which levels the SD Tremor and only adds about 1.5” of height, the FabFours bumper will allow me to go up to 40’s without trimming. I’m only going to 37’s (with my first tire change) but it’ll be nice to have all the clearance along with the lower center of gravity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles