Replacement breaks stock or after market

98dango

Expedition Leader
So my 2000 Superduty finally needs all new breaks.

So what do you guys recommend

Now I will say I persnoalty am not a fan of cermaic pads I have has 2 diffrent sets break due to the way I use my truck. Apparently hot brakes and water do not mix but where I play I can't avoid it so I have stayed away from them thus far. image.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
IMO the only brakes I would use is NAPA gold pads and rotors. Lifetime warranty and solid products.

offthepath

Adventurer
I put the entire powerstop kit on my superduty, pads, calipers and drilled/slotted roters. It's is amazing how well the truck stops. Well worth it.

CCPAJeeper

Observer
I just put the Powerstop kit on my son's Super Duty. Great parts, drilled and slotted rotors and really good pads. Got the kit from RockAuto at a very competitive price.
The brakes work very good. I will be putting a set on mine.

D45

Explorer
BREAKS or BRAKES?

Do not spend any money on anything from EBC, pure junk

I think that drilled and slotted are a waste of money for 99% of vehicle owners

Been there, entire front and rear kits with ceramic pads.........did not last

Went back to Wagner rotors and pads and was MUCH happier, along with more money in my wallet

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Stay away from slotted or drilled of you ever go in mud. Brakes aren't something I would overthink. Just go to the parts store and they will offer 3 versions- good,better,best. Get the better or best.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
drilled rotors are for track days and pavement queens. The napa setup I run works great, and with the warranty its great. Another big plus is they do NOT rust.

bigskypylot

Explorer
+1 for the Hawk Pads. I like EBC rotors or as mentioned, the Napa Gold or Fordo Motorcraft rotors. I havevery had great luck with Hawk pads and EBC rotors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94