Replacement body mounts?

brad2274

Adventurer
so ive known my body mounts in the front since i got the truck a few weeks ago, but alignment shop said the same plus one of the bolts is bent. tried pulling front mounts out of a 96 ls (i have a 95ls) in a upullpay but couldnt get them out after removing nuts and much wedging. they had a few cracks anyways so i gave up.

i cant find these anywhere online, ive searched everywhere, cant find how to remove them in the FSM either, any help would be great. may consider body lift if that could be an alternative to replacements

heres pictures of the 2 when i jacked it

(edit) i just noticed something, i remember removing large washers between the nut and bushing below the cup on the junkyard 96 mounts, i dont see any washers on mine and that could be the reason mine are trashed. assuming the 95 is the same as 96 with mounts. this has a replaced fender and the front end isnt all on right(missing grill mount and piece below lights is replaced and looking bent) but the frame is straight(had it checked) so im wondering if someone forgot them when it was apart.

Last edited:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Well you put the body lift on top of the rubber so you need new rubber, looks like your body is far forward. 4 crawler makes replacement polyurethane mounts too I think.

brad2274

Adventurer
i could do body lift bushings but there's nothing left to put them on in the front. I agree with factory new but i seriously can't find them. I've searched the mitsu part sites i can't find anything on them, any idea where to get plain OEM rubber bushings/mounts? Maybe I'll drive to the stealership/call and ask. Its only the fronts, the rest look fine

dieseltechJay

Observer
Dealership. Call around and you can get a decent deal usually, or get the part numbers and order online. I'd recommend doing them all while you're at it. "Cheap insurance" as we like to call it.

brad2274

Adventurer
Update, looks like the whole body is forward maybe a half inch, but only the fronts are mangled, I think I could loosen them all and pull the body back with comealong or drive against wall with block against front of body. Hoping to call the dealer today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94