Replace Wrangler headlamp bulbs with winch mounted

Lmg

Just wondering how do you late model Wrangler owners change out the headlamp bulbs with a winch mounted on say an ARB front bumper. Wrangler owner's manual says to remove the grill, but with the winch in place I am unable to remove the grill.

Does anyone remove the air filter box and power steering reservoir, and whatever is on the driver side, and replace the bulbs from inside the engine compartment? Is this practical?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions which you may be able to provide.

Yuke

Adventurer
That is doable.

If you loosen up the horn on the driver side you can spin it up or if the way towards the hood and retighten to leave clearance there.

Personally I left my solenoid box on my winch simply zip tied to the winch vs bolted so I can quickly cut the ties and move it over and remove the grill

AJE

I took the bumper off and undid the winch bolts for a little wiggle room. And I have to do it again...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

AJE

752429a0068b42855d79cfa2ffe87cff.jpg

e2600d7f91c8c56d6fc6665cb30abe7c.jpg

I took the bumper off and undid the winch bolts for a little wiggle room. And I have to do it again...

Lmg

Thanks for the input. Problem is that I am using a hydraulic winch and the valve assembly/solenoid is almost touching the grill. I am using a Narva bulb in Hella lenses, a combination I do not wish to give up, and the life of the bulbs is only about 250 hours.

I have been pulling the top of the grill forward for access to change the bulbs, but this provides fairly limited access, and the 4 screws holding each lens in are pretty small.

I will try the next bulb change from the engine compartment side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles