Replace the passenger side window switch - 2006 LR3

My front passenger side window switch is broken, I have a replacement but was wondering if I need to take the door panel off to pop the old one out. Tried searching Youtube but had no luck. Has anyone had to do this?

Abran

Observer
You can pry it out with the door panel in place but there is almost not enough slack in the harness to release the connectors and sometimes the small spring clips on the switch fall off into the panel. Worth trying before pulling the panel though.

DiscoNels

Adventurer
I successfully changed out the drivers side w/o taking off the door panel, but as Abran stated their isn't much slack in the wiring, and I needed three hands to unplug and re-plug the connector. Worth a try, nothing to lose.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I removed the door panel to replace my mirror. There is a vid on the Atlantic British site that explains it all. They did it to exchange the stock mirror with a longer one to use when pulling a trailer.
Not really difficult, just a bit time consuming. I have done it several times, once to diagnose the problem and second time to figure it out and know what to get and the third time to replace the mirror.
The controls are easy to locate and replace if you are talking about a simple switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online