Renegade concept at Detroit Auto Show

kayadog

Adventurer
The paint is awful but in commando green or anvil without the silly graphics I think it would look pretty good (better than the Cherokee). Combined with good ground clearance and approach, departure, and break over angles, 30+mpg, and reports that it is surprisingly roomy inside I think would be interested.

AZJim

Observer
The roof rack looks like it would be quite handy for a light duty expo Jeep, like the Patriot.

Jim

brushogger

Explorer
That's kind of cool for it's intended market. Get used to visibility issues. Side windows are getting higher as more side impact protection is added.

csclifford

Outside of Comfort
I'm really torn about the looks of the Renegade...That being said it is definitely a contender for my next vehicle. Since I live in downtown Chicago I would definitely appreciate the size of the Renegade, as well as the MPG since I have to travel far to get to certain clients.

If they can get the price $8-10k less than the Cherokee Trailhawk then this is a serious contender for me.

AZJim

Observer
For people wondering about the visibility, if you get a chance to sit in one, you'll find it's better than most of the new Jeeps. The windows are huge, giving it a very open feeling. The only area I see as a possible problem are the rear most pillars. The vehicle is also very roomy inside, feels bigger than the new Cherokee.

Jim

Sandstone

To me, it seems kind of small, styling is meh but could have been a lot worse. Power train looks fairly decent, hopefully it will attract some aftermarket support. The suspension is supposedly McPherson/Chapman strut, hopefully it can be lifted at least an inch or two with spacers and/or a taller spring without having to replace the front end (like the KL). Unfortunately, fitting a taller tire will probably be hard with those small wheel wells.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
I was talking with a Fiat rep at our state fair this year and he informed me that the Renegade is essentially the Fiat 500XL with 4x4.

csclifford

Outside of Comfort
To me, it seems kind of small, styling is meh but could have been a lot worse. Power train looks fairly decent, hopefully it will attract some aftermarket support. The suspension is supposedly McPherson/Chapman strut, hopefully it can be lifted at least an inch or two with spacers and/or a taller spring without having to replace the front end (like the KL). Unfortunately, fitting a taller tire will probably be hard with those small wheel wells.

Yeah, aftermarket support will be make or break for me. This would have to be lifted at least 2" in my opinion to be somewhat viable for what I would want to do in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles