Removing fender flares

Was wondering if anyone has removed their fender flares. If so happy you did it? Reasoning behind it? The reason I ask is yesterday went out wheeling and wound up popping passengers side rear flare off door and am wondering if I should fix it or take them all off.

a.mus.ed

Explorer
I tore mine off on the trail, didn't bother fixing the rest so they're all gone. I have no regrets, like the way it looks more.

Edit: I can't delete my post.
Dear Mountainhound,

pfran42 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Removing fender flares - in the Toyota: Land Cruiser forum of Expedition Portal.

This thread is located at:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/77568-Removing-fender-flares?goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Take them off. They are not OEM.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I had to read what you said and huh?

pfran42

Observer
I was thinking you were talking about the 100 Series, in which case the fender flares were not OEM to begin with. Since this is an all-encompassing Land Cruiser forum (and not specifically for the 100 Series), I deleted my post as the 80 Series had fender flare molding that was built-in at the factory.

a.mus.ed

Explorer
Nothing. I left the brass thingies in, 'cause they look mean like that. Also, my Petunia ain't pretty anyway, so...

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
My junk.
I used white plastic plugs from McMaster Carr and paint them every couple months with touch up paint.