REI Clearance - sweet tent

spikemd

Explorer
REI is still having their super clearance sale in the stores where everything ending in '.83' is an additional 50% off.

I was there yesterday and found a Mountain Hardware Casa 6 tent for $149!! :Wow1: Its $400 retail and 'on sale' at a few internet sites for $330. I also picked up the footprint for $20, reg $60. This deal was not on the website and I found it in the Sacramento Arden Fair REI. There were a few left as of yesterday...

Since my family is growing, I needed a bigger tent and this one is sweet. Good size, reasonably lightweight, waterproof and Mountain Hardware quality, and great reviews.

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Product.aspx?top=1428&prod=2555&cat=1448&viewAll=False

Thought I would pass on the info....

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I was there yesterday and found a Mountain Hardware Casa 6 tent for $149!! :Wow1: Its $400 retail and 'on sale' at a few internet sites for $330.
Times 2 on this. Got mine at the Portland area Tanasbourne store a couple weeks ago. A very nice tent, and amazingly easy to pitch for something so big. A pretty sensible thing to take along with a SUV camper to provide changing room, cooking space, etc.

slosurfer

Adventurer
I would love one of these for when I bring the whole fam. Our kelty we have is a pain to set up, this one looks like it would set up much easier.

I wish I could get the deal online. :( No REI's near me. I think the closest one is 2hrs away in Fresno. :(

Last edited:

dustboy

Explorer
Yeah, you gotta keep your eye on REI, I scored a new $320 Kelty Carport at the members-only gear sale for $80!

cruisertoy

Explorer
Thanks for the heads up on this. Neither of my local REI's had the tent, but thier customer service was able to give me the phone number of a few out of state that had them. i called Arcadia last night and got one of the last ones with a footprint shipped to me for an extra $10. $149 for the tent, $20 for the footprint and $10 for shipping= no longer using 4 year old Walmart family tent.
Here are a few phone numbers and stores that had them as of yesterday.
Arcadia 626-447-1062 had 7
REdmond 425-882-1158 had 5
College Park(maryland?) had 12
Tualatin had 7
Hillsboro had 4

slosurfer

Adventurer
Yay, for good friends who call you from REI! Got one being picked up for me right now.
Thanks Lance!!!!!!

tents

The REI near me does not have any tents on sale. Does anyone know what other styles they have on sale? I have a really nice 8 man expedition style dome tent from Cabelas and am looking for a smaller 3-4 man lightweight tent to go on the back of my motorcycle.

Thanks,

Kevin

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
The REI near me does not have any tents on sale. Does anyone know what other styles they have on sale? I have a really nice 8 man expedition style dome tent from Cabelas and am looking for a smaller 3-4 man lightweight tent to go on the back of my motorcycle.

Thanks,

Kevin
You might Google search for the Sierra Designs Sirius 3 tent to see what you think of it and where it is being highly discounted. You may be able get one for under $100. Seems like a fine product for motorcycle camping. Of course, like most "3 man" tents, the three had better be really good friends. Spacious enough for two, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior