Refigerator/freezer question(s) poll (sort of)

shade

1. What size fridge you have? Indel B TB51

2. Do you use it as a fridge or freezer or both (a combo model)? Fridge, but it can cool to freezing.

3. How many people are you typically using it for? 2-3 people

4. how many days food you typically use it for? 7 days

5. Are you happy with the size you got or do you now wish you got that larger or smaller version? Good size

6. Do you still bring a cooler for other stuff? No. My fridge is mounted inside the rear cab of my truck, on a slide. I access it while underway for drinks, snacks, and sandwiches.

As Frenchie advised, adding a fridge can tax your vehicle's electrical system, so an upgrade may be in order. If you use a fridge, I highly recommend that you carry a good jump pack in case something goes wrong. No matter how high the battery capacity or how advanced the battery management system, anything can fail.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Thanks for the responses! I know this helps me in trying to decide how to approach this. And I'm sure others will also find it helpful.

I (as I am sure many do) wrestle with buying the larger version(s) but realize how impractical it is to use the "high water mark" for my decision instead of a smaller cost, footprint, energy use etc version that covers 85% or so of my needs. But seeing the sizes everyone uses helps me think through it with some real world experiences. Without that I would tend to think larger just because I didn't know. Ultinately just as I do now, if I am with a larger group, we just add an extra cooler or two to cover our needs. No reason I couldn't still do that instead of buying the gargantuan fridge model. Thanks all! And I look forward to seeing any additional answers/info or ideas some may have either for the size or how they use them most efficiently.

86scotty

Explorer
1. What size fridge you have? Indel B TB74

2. Do you use it as a fridge or freezer or both (a combo model)? Fridge, but it can cool to freezing.

3. How many people are you typically using it for? 2-3 people

4. how many days food you typically use it for? 7 days

5. Are you happy with the size you got or do you now wish you got that larger or smaller version? Good size

6. Do you still bring a cooler for other stuff? I bring a spare small rotomolded cooler for emergencies and outdoor dry storage mounted to a high rack on the back of my Jeep. So far, it is great for fire paper (usually in the form of cartons from groceries bought during the trip), kindling, a spare roll of paper towels/TP or anything else bulky we need to move out of the Jeep.

Shade, I hope you don't mind. I was just about to respond when I noticed your response is exactly the same as mine except for model size and extra cooler question, so I changed only those.