Reduced Price: 110K - Expedition Vehicle for sale - Trucky McTruckface

Badmiker

Damn. That's steal for the owner to be. I love this concept and am planning on doing something similar in about 4 years. Good luck and I really hope things work out as I want to buy your amazing 4-point subframe for my future M1088. 4 more years here in China and I should have the capital together to FIRE in an expedition vehicle.

Jjackson410

Observer
Quade,
I saw a few posts of folks guessing about cruising road speed on your rig.. Im curious to hear it directly from the source..

Bump it back to the top..

pnwginger

Adventure Truck Builder
Quade,
I saw a few posts of folks guessing about cruising road speed on your rig.. Im curious to hear it directly from the source..

Bump it back to the top..

Hi there, this truck has stock gearing at the moment. This means that cuising speed is roght about 55 with a top speed of 58. With a gearing swap you can achieve a Slighty lower cruising rpm and higher top speed of 65-70. I never bothered to do the swap yet due to the cost and availability of the parts, it would be many thousands of miles to balance the cost of the gears vs fuel consumption.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
Our Saurer 6dm just made a three day trip to Panama City Beach, FL. We were around 4mpg at 57mph, weighing in around 28,000 pounds. Those high-speed axles everyone crows about, well, think about it for a minute or more. Our usual pace is 50mph, a big difference in fuel mileage versus 57mph, as the rpm's increase from 1700 to 2200. We high-tailed it as an A to B route on the freeways to get here. Usually, we don't do that, and take a more relaxed two lane highway trip. Having a lower gear ratio, like in a Jeep going from 4.10 to 3.73 might be the answer. However, like the owner mentioned, you have to weigh the costs of that plan versus the fuel mileage you get at what the manufacturer put in your vehicle. For us, a Swiss-made vehicle, changing out the ring and pinion front and rear, it's not worth it. Also to consider, what will the drive-train put up with going down the highway at 65-70 versus a cruising speed of say 55? Also, why be in a hurry?

LifeByDesign

I also would be curious to the cost for the prints or for pre-fabricated pieces. I assume those are the same for M1083 A0 chassis.

pnwginger

Adventure Truck Builder
How much for 4 point pivot connection set? Or how much $’s for your prints?
I also would be curious to the cost for the prints or for pre-fabricated pieces. I assume those are the same for M1083 A0 chassis.

Hey guys,

Thank you for reaching out and inquiring about our subframes. I know you're already aware; a properly designed subframe mounting system is a vital structural component that joins your habitation box to the chassis of your expedition truck. The 4 point torsion isolating mounting system that i developed for LMTV and FMTV platforms allows the chassis to twist and flex in off-road scenarios. The system allows the truck to reach it's maximum articulation potential while maintaining a torsion free connection to eliminate stresses from transferring to the camper body. This allows for the truck to be used to its true capability; without restriction or fear of causing damage to the habitation unit. I'm currently offering a few variations of kits.

1. Pivot system only - $5,000
Includes essential bushings and mounting hardware with grade 8 fasteners, mounting brackets, pivot components, recommended fastener list, consultation and installation guide.

2. Pivot system with upper subframe design drawings- $6,500
Includes essential bushings and mounting hardware with grade 8 fasteners, installation guide, recommended materials list and upper subframe design production drawings and material cut list.

3. Complete Subframe system - $11k-14k depending on size and complexity.
Includes everything necessary to mount your subframe system.
-Optional Integrated slide out aluminum entry steps for an extra fee.

Shipping costs can be calculated through my broker.
As of right now my lead time is 3-5 weeks.

I hope this helps you in your planning process. If you have any questions, I would be happy to help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Quade Sheehan
Overland Adventure Truck, LLC
971-322-8878

Last edited:

Nephron

I'm interested in both the truck and current build status of the vehicle being offered on Expedition Portal 4M. Please, provide any updates on the truck and any new details concerning it's build out; URLs or websites and pictures that clearly describe this update would be most appreciated. Thank.

pnwginger

Adventure Truck Builder
I'm interested in both the truck and current build status of the vehicle being offered on Expedition Portal 4M. Please, provide any updates on the truck and any new details concerning it's build out; URLs or websites and pictures that clearly describe this update would be most appreciated. Thank.

Nephron,

The status of the build is the same. Still an empty canvas on the interior. I have acquired a few conponents for the buildout, though life has me too busy to install them. If you would like to discuss the build, i would gladly take your call. I will PM you the number.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Someone buy this great truck! Can't believe it's still up for sale. Seriously... all you need is another 20.000 max for the interior and you are ready to explore the world. Compare this with a brand new truck from an outfitter and you are at least 300.000 ahead of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier