RedRunner's 2016 SR5 Build and Adventure Thread

RedRunner87

First sample was Amsoil but it was pretty much all highway, since I was commuting pretty from work. Second sample was Shell Rotella but did have a lot of off-roading and overloading involved. Also I now live 3 miles from work, so not sure if that effects it at all.

4RUNNER-210102 by redrunner87, on Flickr

RedRunner87

Decided to re-do all my wiring for the ditch lights. That included pulling all the connectors I used and then soldering them together and heat shrinking them. Downside, I just moved and couldn't find my extension cord, so I had to make do. Also tested out the free light bar I got. Going to try to mount it in the upper grill and get rid of the raptor lights.

Untitled by redrunner87, on Flickr

RedRunner87

A little camping mod done. This mod serves two purposes, 1) I lost the remote and the light is super bright. Hoping it will dull it out. 2) I am hoping the red will keep the bugs away from my windows and not kill our night vision

I did about 5 coats. It is a little more pink/white than I wanted, so hopefully it achieves the goal I want it to.

RedRunner87

I received a free 28" light bar and my plan is to try to squeeze it into the upper grill area. I didn't really want a white light so I decided to change it to yellow with Lamin-x. I ordered a 2"x30" strip and was able to cut it in half and use two strips to darken the yellow. The light bar has a remote and offers 3 output levels and a few different strobe settings.

Low Setting
High Setting

RedRunner87

We did a birthday run in Woodland Park, CO. We hit up Rampart Range Road, Hotel and Missouri Gulch and ended it in Mini Mob. It was definitely a fun and challenging run. I haven't hit dirt in soooo long, so it was nice to get out.

Air down:
IMG_9319 by Red Runner, on Flickr

Pikes Peak in the background
IMG_9325 by Red Runner, on Flickr

IMG_9327 by Red Runner, on Flickr
IMG_9328 by Red Runner, on Flickr

Mini Moab
IMG_9329 by Red Runner, on Flickr
Untitled by Red Runner, on Flickr

Untitled by Red Runner, on Flickr

One video:

RedRunner87

Just got back from doing a 1k mile camping trip and noticed that my LCA was black when it should have been covered in mud. I also noticed the shock body was also black and looked to be covered in grease. I emailed Ironman yesterday(Sunday) and they got back to me today. They asked for pictures, which I provided and they immediately stated they would be sending me a new strut. No idea when or where the shock started leaking, but I can say the ride quality never diminished with the oil leaking. Basically this is what the email stated "we'll get a replacement strut (45710FE) sent your way soon! Your Foam Cell Pro should be fine driving on until you get it replaced... one of the benefits of having foam." I am pretty happy with Ironmans Customer Service. They were easy to deal with for sure.

Cleaned it up a little bit for better pictures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online