Redman's small build

Redman333

Adventurer
Awesome. Thank you for the info. Pics would be great. I'm ordering tires in the next two weeks. I suppose I should get some wheel spacers headed my way first. Trying to gather as much info as possible here first. Thanks for the help.

I'd get everything you can before getting tires. I've had issues ordering stuff for this platform. Everything seems to be back ordered. The wheels spacers from spidertrax are still back ordered which is why I have the just differentials ones but these are good though, I haven't had an issue its them at all. I have a 1" body lift also that's sitting in my garage which would have allowed me to fit the tires without bending the pinch seam but I'd rather bend the pinch seam then install the body lift. So for now it's staying put. I am also ordering a set of AHC shock spacers from Japan to help with bottoming the shock out on large bumps.

Not sure if you have the AHC or not but you may want this if you wheel the truck. If you want info on these let me know and I'll post the guys email for where to get them.

tribeof5

Adventurer
Yes I do have the AHC. That info for the spacers would be great. Thank you. I am located in WNC so we will be doing some mild wheeling and we also plan to head west this summer

Redman333

Adventurer
Yes I do have the AHC. That info for the spacers would be great. Thank you. I am located in WNC so we will be doing some mild wheeling and we also plan to head west this summer

Here you go. Contact Dave by email at stedman@japan4x4.com

He's been quick to respond and very easy to work with. Better then most of the shops I've worked with right here in the states unfortunately.

Also if your ever up to wheel with us we usually make a trip to the mountains a few times a year. I'm wanting to make a trip out to West Virginia maybe next year also. We want to go west also but it'll be a little bit due to us just having our first baby so we will wait for him to get a bit older before going there.

tribeof5

Adventurer
Thanks for the info and the invite, I really appreciate it. Congrats on the baby, ours are a little older with the youngest being 10 and the oldest being 18. The oldest has his own platform he is building now. Well I guess we are building it seeing as how he is still in school! He's off to a good start with an 06 LR3 so at least he and I always have someone to trail ride with. We are heading to Colorado the last two weeks of July. These rigs are a bit different than the ambulance we built with the Ujoint Offroad kit so we are certainly having fun making our list of wants and needs!

Thanks again and enjoy your LC. I will continue to watch your build and gather info. I will stay in touch as well.

Redman333

Adventurer
Thanks for the info and the invite, I really appreciate it. Congrats on the baby, ours are a little older with the youngest being 10 and the oldest being 18. The oldest has his own platform he is building now. Well I guess we are building it seeing as how he is still in school! He's off to a good start with an 06 LR3 so at least he and I always have someone to trail ride with. We are heading to Colorado the last two weeks of July. These rigs are a bit different than the ambulance we built with the Ujoint Offroad kit so we are certainly having fun making our list of wants and needs!

Thanks again and enjoy your LC. I will continue to watch your build and gather info. I will stay in touch as well.

Sorry haven't been on in awhile. Been pretty busy lately. Haven't touched the truck except I installed some TRD decals. Nice that you guys can build vehicles together. My dad has always had me out doing things and exploring the country but in a different way. Mostly flying to a location and getting a rental car and driving around. I recently took him on an overland trip and he loved it so now he's been looking for a truck to build of his own. I'm pretty excited hes getting in to it. How's your son like the LR3 so far? I really hope the LR3 is better then the disco 2s. I just sold a disco 2. That one truck has caused me to not ever want to buy a land Rover again. Although I admit I have always liked the style of the newer lr3&4s.

I'm trying to find time to pull the wheels to paint them and when I do I'll get pics of my pi check seem too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redman333

Adventurer
Because everyone loves pics here's the new decals.

Also a size comparison. Here's a buddy's stock dodge ram.

doubleroses

Adventurer
I like the decal! My father started my interest in outdoor activities as well. Years later I discovered Expedition Overland which started my desire or overlanding. Last year I took my dad to 100's in the Hills and within 3 weeks of returning he went and purchased a 2004 LX470. It's great to see the desire for adventure spread to family members.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Redman333

Adventurer
I like the decal! My father started my interest in outdoor activities as well. Years later I discovered Expedition Overland which started my desire or overlanding. Last year I took my dad to 100's in the Hills and within 3 weeks of returning he went and purchased a 2004 LX470. It's great to see the desire for adventure spread to family members.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'd love to get to HIH but it'll be a couple years at least before we can make the trip. I want my son to be old enough to enjoy it.

tribeof5

Adventurer
My son loves his LR3! He drove a 2003 Disco that we had in the family for 10 years. That was his first vehicle, driving it for almost 2 years himself. I was kind of shocked that he wanted another Land Rover but he did, so we shopped around and found what we hope is a good one. So far so good.

Thanks for the comparison pics, it really shows the size of the LC now with the new tires.

Redman333

Adventurer
Was out and about and decided to snap a photo

630a5e0c3da61f0d5029c92739405353.jpg

Redman333

Adventurer
So I tried my hand at carpentry work. Wanted to go cheap for version 1 so if I make any mistakes it doesnt cost me a bunch. Also I can see how I like it and see what changes I want for version 2. I wanted an open area under everything that I can slide larger items like chairs and tables and such and this area will house my stove also.

I tore the back end apart and installed the base and then built the fridge enclosure and then the fridge slide. The fridge slide slides on slick strips and they work pretty good. I need to get some more of it though for the sides of the slide to keep it centered.

I ran a fused power and ground cable to the back to a power distribution and circuit protection box from blue sea. Had to make a bracket for this in the factory jack location. I also I stalled lights on the hatch and wired in a switch for them here also. When o installed the attic I lost a lot of light from my led dome lights so wanted to add the hatch lights to get that back. Anyway I'll post the pics and if you have any questions just fire away and I'll try to answer quickly.

Ill be posting some more a bit later of my vehicle ready to roll. We are heading to the mountains this weekend for a 4 day getaway. Hopefully the wild fires there don't affect us much.

26dd9ceb605850727a2252d2d2d95038.jpg

16067127ff851836b3ac46ee607cef0e.jpg

69768234ae1421bd984b57a82a8d4f56.jpg

60059fd43090f54a34cd7fb919dcd613.jpg

40de3baa8da421931019d3e9505f3fb0.jpg

7a3f4734ad470e636b66833bbec0eb50.jpg

0437e1d6000540ee99a4c03f56fcefb1.jpg

78639b26fa3cdec3d8a0c7c0972628d5.jpg

add1eeb681199ce9f7b1182fe7612507.jpg

95c5156d0b22b3076bd23b7775273e45.jpg

71a926a87ef031570b16489cf0941f64.jpg

d75e9c3d4edc95c155181fbb1aeb4a74.jpg

60633505077b52f8a4542dc74c81c46a.jpg

77cbf8885591740c7bd650cdf0603cf2.jpg

45cca0a05f84a37960c1ce3e8c1b2d06.jpg

fd267d996c7de14fde700a7653c4822b.jpg

8e181c7a4d72ea77daa9fe189d89bcd6.jpg

ca44a217cd6f6565c99dd8e5d32cafbd.jpg

c3f94dde5e35ab7a036dba2a0e25a982.jpg

c62e546db62493342217871cadbbca38.jpg

Got everything situated now just have to go grocery shopping.

Now just so everyone knows. This was a cheap project. I'm in right at about $150 total not including buying a $50 DeWalt palm sander and paper. Which saved a ton of time sanding. I still want to make wings on the sides to have a completely flat top. I am also thinking about adding drawers to the bottom that can be removed easily so I can use the area as drawers or just an open compartment depending on my needs. I ran out of time before our trip but I do plan on bed lining the whole thing and then adding outdoor carpet to the top.

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
Looks great bud!

I hope to have an 03-07 one day that clean with really low mileage.

Looks like you have a handle on things also. :D

I'm digging those LEDs in the hatch. Might do something like that in the future.

Last edited:

Redman333

Adventurer
This to me was one of the harder parts of richlands rd.

So no real update yet other then I got to use the rig a bit on a trip to the mountains. I am piecing together a small video of the trip but here's a teaser so to speak of one of the steeper ledges on the trip.

https://youtu.be/nK5K4az1HyM

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
My LXs twin as well!

It looks like you have the rear DVD (2nd row). I have been experiencing a parasitic battery drain and I'm suspecting it is from the DVD player based on research and some questions from other LX owners. Just wondering if you have experienced anything like this? I'm electrically dumb, so the solution thus far as been to leave the dome light in the "off" position. So far so good, but not a long term solution since I like having the light come on when I try to put my three kids in their car seats!

Redman333

Adventurer
My LXs twin as well!

It looks like you have the rear DVD (2nd row). I have been experiencing a parasitic battery drain and I'm suspecting it is from the DVD player based on research and some questions from other LX owners. Just wondering if you have experienced anything like this? I'm electrically dumb, so the solution thus far as been to leave the dome light in the "off" position. So far so good, but not a long term solution since I like having the light come on when I try to put my three kids in their car seats!

No I haven't had the issue at all with parasitic drain. My old battery that was on its way out would hold a charge for 2 weeks without driving the vehicle. So no I haven't had any issue with it. It sounds like you figured out what's wrong though. If you disconnect the done light all together does it fix the problem. If it does then there's your problem just replace the dome light/DVD player. Not sure if they are separate or not. I have the rear DVD player also but the only issue I have is the DVD screen drops sometimes when hitting bumps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles