Redman's small build

Redman333

Adventurer
Ok so maybe some of you guys can help. I'm looking for a wheel and tire combo. I am wanting as close to a 35" as I can get. I don't mind beating the pinch seam down or light trimming if it's not noticeable but nothing major. I think I've decided on FN wheels BFDs in 18" for the wheel so I need to know a tire size. Also if anyone knows what offset to get that'd be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redman333

Adventurer
This is what I've come up with so far. Tell me if I'm off my rocker with the sizes.

This is just the chart I'm going off of to tell me what's close.

Here's a tire I picked.

Benc

Explorer
The 285/75r18 is the way to go!
Perfect size for the 100 series IMO.

Redman333

Adventurer
Ok so started small here. But got my slee AHC over ride coming now. Still trying to decide on tires. As soon as I have the tires decided on I'll order my body lift and adjust my AHC to gain a bit of lift out of it not just high mode. Not sure about the lift yet since this will be the first time doing this sort of lift.

Redman333

Adventurer
Received my AHC over ride. Also received my pfran interior LED lights and reverse lights.

Also there was a group get together of a local Toyota club and they met up at the Toyota dealership. They also had a vendor there. They gave me a good deal on the maxtraxx they brought along to sell so I picked up a set. Anyone ever mount these things on the factory roof rack?

doubleroses

Adventurer
Are you going to install the AHC override? I've wanted to do that to mine but I don't fully grasp the slee instructions for it. That's a job I wouldn't want to mess up!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Redman333

Adventurer
Are you going to install the AHC override? I've wanted to do that to mine but I don't fully grasp the slee instructions for it. That's a job I wouldn't want to mess up!

I am. I haven't done it yet though. I've just been collecting parts for the most part right now. I got some AHC fluid so I can flush the system and I'll be doing the AHC lift right after that. I glanced at the instructions and it didn't seem too difficult but we will see once I actually get into it. When I do mine I'll try and take a bunch of pics and document the install here so you can see. Hopefully I'll get that done early next week. Won't have time until then though.

Redman333

Adventurer
I have changed my mind a bit after talking to several people that run 35s. I have been talking to a wheel manufacturer about getting a set of 17" wheels that they were making for the land cruiser platform specifically for larger tires which I thought would be great. Except I can't seem to find a tire size/brand I like so I've decided to got with the factory 18" land cruiser wheels. And slee 1.25" spacers.
These wheels.

If you know anyone selling these or want to sell me yours let me know. I'm on the hunt for them now.

doubleroses

Adventurer
I am. I haven't done it yet though. I've just been collecting parts for the most part right now. I got some AHC fluid so I can flush the system and I'll be doing the AHC lift right after that. I glanced at the instructions and it didn't seem too difficult but we will see once I actually get into it. When I do mine I'll try and take a bunch of pics and document the install here so you can see. Hopefully I'll get that done early next week. Won't have time until then though.
Thanks! I'd really appreciate pictures!

Redman333

Adventurer
So I have been trying to collect parts and its seemed to be a bit of a challenge. I ordered a body lift from Duiser's off-road and that was a bit of a pain. Just trying to get ahold of them to buy was a pain. Finally contacted him on ih8mud and he sent me an invoice. I sent payment and then I never heard anything from him. Whether he received payment, or shipped the items, no confirmation of any sort. I started doing a bit of research on them and found several people that paid for things and then never got anything so I started getting worried I wouldn't get my parts. So I started blasting them with emails and phone calls and messages on ih8mud. Finally got a call back and they said they shipped it but didn't have a tracking number and he'd call me back with the tracking number a couple hours later. Never heard anything. A couple days later my lift showed up. I was surprised to be honest but at least it came in. Don't understand why a company would operate like that no matter how big or small they are.
Here's the lift all Layed out. Does have pretty good instructions too.

Like I said earlier I recieved my pfran led kit and installed that a couple days ago. There are no instructions for this. I was actually kind of disappointed by that. When I bought the kit I was thinking it'd come with basic instructions as to what lights went where. Also found there's a small difference in kits for any 100 series with the rear dvd package. There are 2 small bulbs in the second row dome versus the one large one. So now I have 2 extra led dome lights for the cargo area. Since I had no instructions I just went around and replaced lights that I thought would fit. I ended up not having enough lights for the doors since I ended up using 2 bulbs for the second row dome. I'm pretty happy with the lights though they are very bright and fit pretty good. I ended up ordering a few more lights off superbrightleds dot com. Got those but haven't installed them yet. Also found that there was no license plate bulbs in my kit. I could have ordered them when I got my set but didn't see that box to check. My mistake. There's a set of the small bulbs but in red and I ended up using these for the license plate lights. Kinda cheesy but I may or may not leave it like this. Have new bulbs coming that I found on eBay. If they turn out good I'll use those and post it here. Any way I'll get to the pics.

Here's the inside after the dome install

I did the doors first. You can see here the color difference between the dome lights and the door lights.

The one door light that I didn't have a bulb for.

When I did the lights over the center console(map lights). I cracked the driver side cover re-installing the lense. Found out from Toyota that they don't offer just the lense and I'd have to buy the whole $95 map light console. So now I'm on the hunt for a used map light console. Yay!

Did the reverse lights also. Found out I didn't have to take the whole panel down to do the lights. Just remove the inside carpet and one 10mm nut for each side reverse housing and the bulb housing pivots outward.

The lights are very bright though. I am most pleased about the reverse lights actually.

Took me a second to figure out how these come out too. Really didn't want to break them since I already had broken the map light cover.

Found out the just clip in though and they came out pretty easily. Put the red leds in there for now.

Here is the back up camera view. I was a bit worried the reverse bulbs would be too bright and wash out the camera but they turned out good.

With just brake lights

This is with the new led reverse lights

Here's another pic of the red license plate lights. You can also see the brightness of the interior lights too.

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
That's extremely disappointing to these about Duiser. I've reached out to them a few times recently for an inquiry and I've never heard back. A company that operates like that will be hard pressed to stay in business long term.

Redman333

Adventurer
That's extremely disappointing to these about Duiser. I've reached out to them a few times recently for an inquiry and I've never heard back. A company that operates like that will be hard pressed to stay in business long term.

I agree, I just don't understand it. They said they are in the process of moving but I'd take down the website and put out a note saying we will be down until such and such date due to mo I got and won't be able to fulfill orders until then.

Redman333

Adventurer
I received my labrak brackets in for my CB and the other with be for a LED pod for backup and camp setup.

Very well made product. I'll probably run my antenna on the drivers side and my light on passenger but 100% on that yet. Won't have time to install either for a bit. The only probably I have is that the drivers side one leans towards the front of the vehicle a bit. So when I test fitted the antenna it leaned forward some. Should be able to fix this fairly easy though.

Redman333

Adventurer
Have my tires ordered. Should be here in about 1 week. Called slee off-road and tried to order my wheel spacers but they said there is a national back order right now and don't expect them until May. Hopefully they come in soon. I'm not even sure I can mount my wheels without the spacers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles