RedKB's M101A2 Adventure Trailer Build

RedKB

awesome build hoping mine turns out close to what you have done. How many bearings did you use for the slide out kitchen?

Thanks! I got 100 from amazon, I forget the price. But I used 44 for that kitchen drawer.
NB4W5My.png

RedKB

Water!

I don't weld so I had to bolt together angle iron to cage my 16 gallon tank.
jyzcGEo.jpg

I used the space behind the wheelwell for the water pump and water intake.
GhW5vCi.jpg

My brother had a ton of PEX left over from a bus conversion.
w861Ofa.jpg

I cut two more holes in the side of the trailer for a water spigot and the water intake.
Yb4uA7p.jpg

I found a short hose and used 2 quick connects to get the water to the sink.
cyaML7y.jpg
tgJJPEB.jpg
Zra8VCq.jpg

Lots of 3d printing for mounts and pipes for the water intake.
nrYZADU.jpg

5A2DAXS.jpg
fiuArIc.jpg

8YeamHf.jpg

Water hose works great!
Nrg579W.jpg

Next up is the roof rack and tent!

RedKB

It's been a while from the last post... So what came next?

Well first I worked on some lighting in the trailer.

I designed and 3d printed a switch box for two switches and dimmers to control two strip lights, one for white light, and the other for red light. (When I'm out doing astronomy and when I'm trying to get the kids to fall asleep the red light is a must!)

f7Ekcru.jpg
9YgVbiH.jpg

I used velcro to mount both the switch box as well as the strip lighting.
8gZ6Yra.jpg
WBm8nBN.jpg
MjhisyL.jpg

Next up was a roof rack. For this I went to my local junk yard and started looking at roof racks on vans, and SUVs. I measured my shell so I knew what size I needed. I found the ones on suburbans fit perfect and there were a few to choose from. While I was there I grabbed a third cross bar from a second suburban. Walked out with it for around $30.
sX2MC6c.jpg

After pressure washing it, and giving it a few coats of spray paint, the rack looked amazing.

sAdG7fX.jpg

I bought a cheaper 8ft canopy off of ebay and it mounted well.
u75isdj.jpg

And finally the rooftop tent. For this I was trying to save some money and buy used but after looking for what seemed like months for a deal it just didn't seem like people were willing to part with older RTTs at a bargain price. Eventually I found Pittman RTTs being sold new from their warehouse via facebook marketplace at a massive discount from what they post online. After looking at a few of their tents, my wife and I chose this one. You'll see open in my next post!
KFGOGAE.jpg

Next up roadtrip from Southern California to Colorado's Rocky Mountains!

dstock

Explorer
Nice build!

Question for you, when you mounted your water tank, did you mount your water tank frame to the floor of the trailer or the frame of the trailer? I'm adding a water tank as well in the same place, and currently laying out my water tank frame design. Any other pics would be great if you have them!

Thanks and have fun in the Rockies!

RedKB

Nice build!

Question for you, when you mounted your water tank, did you mount your water tank frame to the floor of the trailer or the frame of the trailer? I'm adding a water tank as well in the same place, and currently laying out my water tank frame design. Any other pics would be great if you have them!

Thanks and have fun in the Rockies!

It's attached via some self tapping screws into the floor frame, not the actual frame.
The frame hides it but the arrows on the top right are trying to show the screws went in above the main frame and into the floor's frame.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.55.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.55.06 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 32

dstock

Explorer
It's attached via some self tapping screws into the floor frame, not the actual frame.
The frame hides it but the arrows on the top right are trying to show the screws went in above the main frame and into the floor's frame.

Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94