Redarc V. Kisae

Big Rudy

Looking at the 50a battery to battery with MPPT. Since these are about the only two manufactures around that make these units, just wondering if anyone can explain the differences between the two?

Big Rudy

Possibly putting together 2x 200 amp lifeblue lithiums. I would rather error on the side of more juice battery to battery, than a ton of solar. thinking one 200 watt solar panel permanent roof mount, connected to one 50 amp B to B, and another 50 amp B to B, switched, and used more as a back up, and connected to another portable apprx 200 watt solar panel. I see your product is more compact, what else? Thanks for your response... customer service is always a plus!

ExpoMike

I bought the Kisae myself but haven't gotten to the point of installing it. Two big reasons I went with the DMT1250 was it allowed me to use the 24v panels I have for this project. Redarc was limited to only 12v panels. Second was price. Redarc makes great products and I likely would have gone with the Manager 30 but between the cost, the fact it was limited to 30amp and would not use 24v panels, it didn't leave me a lot of choices.

REDARC_Ryan

Possibly putting together 2x 200 amp lifeblue lithiums. I would rather error on the side of more juice battery to battery, than a ton of solar. thinking one 200 watt solar panel permanent roof mount, connected to one 50 amp B to B, and another 50 amp B to B, switched, and used more as a back up, and connected to another portable apprx 200 watt solar panel. I see your product is more compact, what else? Thanks for your response... customer service is always a plus!

What kind of vehicle setup is this? Can the alternator handle the BCDC50? 400Ah is a lot of battery, what kind of accessories are you planning to run? Our products are specifically designed to minimize footprint, by combining multiple products into one like the Manager30, BCDC "D", and RedVision. Our products are Outback tested, built to handle the extreme conditions of Australia, and pride ourselves on our customer service and product lifespan.

Big Rudy

Sorry I did not provide requested info the first time around. Vehicle is a new F series, dual battery, 397 amp dual alternator, will that support two 50's on occasion?
My current rig has 600 amp Agm's, 540 watts of solar, and a gas generator. I don't use the gen much, and want to eliminate it, the solar is great when the sun is available. I'm planning less power consumption, but have a pretty good feel after three years with our current rig what I would like and how I will use it. The Manager 30 was going to be my first choice, but feel having the ability to charge at a faster rate would fit my travel curve better, if it was a 50amp Manager I would be all over it.
Can I assume charging profiles are similar to Kisae, and good for Lifeblues?
Again, thanks for taking the time to respond, more companies would be wise to provide product help on this great forum.

REDARC_Ryan

Sorry I did not provide requested info the first time around. Vehicle is a new F series, dual battery, 397 amp dual alternator, will that support two 50's on occasion?
My current rig has 600 amp Agm's, 540 watts of solar, and a gas generator. I don't use the gen much, and want to eliminate it, the solar is great when the sun is available. I'm planning less power consumption, but have a pretty good feel after three years with our current rig what I would like and how I will use it. The Manager 30 was going to be my first choice, but feel having the ability to charge at a faster rate would fit my travel curve better, if it was a 50amp Manager I would be all over it.
Can I assume charging profiles are similar to Kisae, and good for Lifeblues?
Again, thanks for taking the time to respond, more companies would be wise to provide product help on this great forum.

You could run a BCDC as well as the Manager30. Shoot me an email, we can get you sorted out with a general layout and design with our in house guru!

rthurston@redarcelectronics.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles