Recon Campers

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I think some of the prices are absurd, such as a 100 watt solar system for $1,000 ???

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Like whoa...
Some of the stuff on there is cool AF, but all the screws showing makes me sad at the prices they are probably charging.

86scotty

Cynic
I've been following this guy for a year or more as he got it together. I'm not sure if he's still using the Nissan as his base but IMO that's the problem. It's the ugliest minivan ever made. It almost looks worse than a Promaster.

The Artisan

Adventurer
So do you send the guy the van and he does the conversions. At that price point it can't include the van as they are 22k+ new.
Kevin

haven

Expedition Leader
Two photos from the web site. The poptop is $6K by itself, a good start to a DIY camper.

recon 1.jpg

recon 2.jpg

FinsUp

Adventurer
They look good from the website. I just wish there was a 4x4 option. My wife really digs them. I have emailed the company a couple times with questions and they have been very prompt with responding.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
45k complete? that is a great price for what your getting. 1/2 of that is the van itself. Then there is everything else. I am down for one of those for sure! it's the new VW camper van.

FinsUp

Adventurer
45k complete? that is a great price for what your getting. 1/2 of that is the van itself. Then there is everything else. I am down for one of those for sure! it's the new VW camper van.

That is what I was thinking. I just wish there was a 4wd option for these vans. It would be pretty much perfect for mountain bike trips/races for our family.

86scotty

Cynic
That is what I was thinking. I just wish there was a 4wd option for these vans. It would be pretty much perfect for mountain bike trips/races for our family.

It's a modern FWD minivan. I bet it will go anywhere. Do you think you need more clearance or just 4 wheels pulling? Just curious, FWD cars get around in winter better than 4wd trucks if the driver knows what they're doing. I bet you'd be fine with decent tires.

FinsUp

Adventurer
It's a modern FWD minivan. I bet it will go anywhere. Do you think you need more clearance or just 4 wheels pulling? Just curious, FWD cars get around in winter better than 4wd trucks if the driver knows what they're doing. I bet you'd be fine with decent tires.
Great questions Sir. For the most part it would get us everywhere we wanted to go. I was thinking about future trips to Baja and such for clearance and 4wd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior