Recommendations for rechargeable LED lantern for table?

Choff

Adventurer
While I appreciate the suggestions may I gently steer this thread back to warm white is an absolute must? If the advertising blurb or personal reviews do not give me a clue as to the color temperature or at least the words "warm white" then I don't want to risk it. I already have several LED lights which I don't like because of the LED color.
Thanks!
One of the reviews from this light, I Would say It would be a warm white light or dim light on Soft white mode, I have used this light a lot and it is not a LED Bright in the eyes light, also you can pull light up to expose its light so you can adjust the brightness on any mode.
FOUR INDEPENDENT LIGHTING MODES
The multi-function button allows you to easily switch between all lighting modes:
- Ultra Bright
- Soft White
- Night Vision Red
- Emergency Flashing Red

REVIEW:OMG how did I ever camp or travel without this little lamp? I'm very in love with it. The choice of bright white, dim white, solid red, or blinking red light makes it seriously versatile for sleeping in strange places. And I found a small fan that runs via USB cord so plug that into this and have light AND a cool breeze no matter if I have electricity or 12 volt available. This lamp that is built sturdy and is a brilliant engineering design.

Last edited:

Hosalabad

Check out the BLF LT1. Designed by flashlight nerds. Runs Anduril for firmware. Built by Sofirn.

Sofirn store: https://sofirnlight.com/blf-lt1-p0013.html

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/sofirn-Lantern-Rechargeable-Batteries-Basement/dp/B081JRKT8S

Anduril Manual: https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toyke.../spaghetti-monster/anduril/anduril-manual.txt

Anduril clicky control map here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/54621

Last edited:

potfish

Check out the BLF LT1. Designed by flashlight nerds. Runs Anduril for firmware. Built by Sofirn.

That looks like a winner, thanks!

potfish

To add, I got to see a Goal Zero today and when medium to bright it's nice, but when dimmed I would want warmer. I'm getting one of the BLF LT1's. You can set them up to change color temperature automatically as you change brightness, which sounds perfect.

geojag

I don't know if it is warm white light, but I really like the Milwaukee Tools M12 lantern. They call the color TRUEVIEW and say it is neutral white. I have a bunch of M12 batteries already, so it made sense. Light can be changed to 180 or 360 degrees. It also has a USB charger. The only downside is that it is a bit bulky.

Milwaukee also makes some small USB rechargeable lights that are great for camping.

bitbckt

these look very high quality, they don't list the color specifications but state "cool white/warm white/natural white" as different settings for the light. I have no experience wit these though.

I stumbled across this thread, and thought I would chime in for posterity since I do have these lights.

The color temperatures are 3000K/4200K/6200K +/-15% according to the manual.

potfish

Since you reminded me - I bought one of the Sofirn lights and I love it.

I am a little concerned about the reliability of the cell connections with the rotating action. Already I have seen that the cells were not balanced when I took it apart once, but after balancing them manually and closing it up again I've not been able to reproduce it since.

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
Regarding soft white light, have you ever tried to put a white plastic supermarket bag over your lantern? It softens the light a lot so it's easier on the eyes. Gives off a pleasant glow. I've also made a simple shade for a lantern with a rectangle of thin translucent plastic (like those thin cutting boards at the dollar store). Cut it to about 12" x 12". Just fold it in half and set it on top of the lantern. A shade would improve a lot of overly bright lanterns
The best quality lantern I own is the Streamlight Siege 44931, $35 I believe this qualifies as "soft white." Check the reviews; people love them. Incredibly rugged.
You can also get soft white in a Luci light (nflatable, solar charge) if you can find the translucent rather than transparent version. Not reliable as your only light source in my opinion, but indeed has a soft glow and is a fun concept.

Reactions: WVI

direwolf82

I use a streamlight siege and it is sweet. Mine is non rechargeable but the new ones are rechargeable I think.
With the shade on the color isn't bad, maybe a little blue but not horrible. It also has a red setting and will flash s.o.s. as well as floating if you have an incident. Built in clips to hang top and bottom.
Definite not a really warm light but better than others I have seen.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

frans

Adventurer
I’ll second this BD Apollo, we also use and have enjoyed both while camping.

LuminAID Solar Inflatable Lanterns | Great for Camping, Hurricane Emer...
I have the LuminAID light. It works very well. Unfortunately it is crap construction. The soft part cracked in a month.
I still use it tho with tape to cover the split parts

Grassland

The Streamlight Siege is not at all a warm colour spectrum light. I own two and love them, but outside of some sort of shade it's a cold white light.
I use mine on red most of the time.
If they were warm spectrum I'd be stoked!

jwatts

We just incorporated a normal sized table we can sit at and eat into our setup. I picked this up on amazon thinking maybe I'd use it for the initial trip and look for something else but it has ended up being awesome. It is prefect for prep then we dim it and eat without headlamps. Its small enough to stow with the table and just clamps on wherever you want it without taking up table space. I think ideally the neck would be a bit longer but for 24 bucks its way better than setting a lantern down on the table.

kamaveles

Um, do you often have to sit at this table at night? Then a request for a lantern with warm lighting is definitely a good solution. I think many flashlights now have modes with different light shades. The https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlight-Flashlights-Water-Resistant-Accessories/dp/B089T8HDBV flashlight has 3 modes of lighting. One mode illuminates with a bright white beam. This can be used outdoors, when searching at night, in caves, etc. The second mode is suitable for working at the table. This is a mode with a diffused slightly yellowish light. It doesn't make my eyes hurt when I'm reading books at night with the flashlight, so I don't have to turn on the main light and disturb my girlfriend. The third mode of the flashlight is flicker.

concretejungle

Adventurer
I purchased a few biolites a couple years ago. Two had little solar panels to recharge during the day. They actually worked pretty well and then one day they just stopped. They were sealed up so I wasn't able to replace the rechargeable batteries. So I purchased another. It did the same thing, so I've moved on from biolite.

These look cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles