Recommendation for a winch bumper, 2004-2008 F150

dbhost

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a winch bumper, or a good design for one I could get made, for my 2004 F150 that would support a 12K winch, and not be too heavy. Most of these things add an additional 100lbs to the front end of the truck, combined with the weight of a winch and, well.. I am trying to avoid too much nose dive...

Most of these are kind of behemoths, big thick steel plate things, I have no qualms with an updated version of a traditional tube bumper design if that is what it would take...

I currently have a Go Rhino brush guard / winch mount that is rated for a 9K winch and have it fitted with an Engo E9000, looking for a way to get a bigger winch on there...

Even some way of beefing up the Go Rhino for a 12K winch would be awesome...

karlmagnum

Observer
There are so many options like the Hammerhead, IronCross and Addictive. It will just depend on the style you want and budget also.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
If interested, I think I have 2 TJM (from Australia) aluminum winch bumpers NIB for this generation… PM if interested.

dbhost

If interested, I think I have 2 TJM (from Australia) aluminum winch bumpers NIB for this generation… PM if interested.

Never heard of. No love, or hate for anything Aussie... what info can you share about this? Notably, will it support a 12K winch?

bas157

FWIW, I've got an aluminum TJM on my 2005 F-250...pretty sure it is lighter than the factory bumper even though it is much bigger. I can carry it with one arm! Bought mine used, unfortunately it didn't come with the winch mounting setup (think its a steel setup that mounts behind the bumper). Doubt I'll ever find the winch mounting setup for mine. Always nice to shed some pounds and get better protection!

Not sure of your budget, but Buckstop does have an option to use aluminum instead of steel for their bumpers. It'll be close to $3000 though, little less if you don't want a grill guard on it. https://www.buckstopinc.com/
My rear bumper is a Buckstop and no issues with it, nicely constructed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles