Rear pinion seal 95 SR

kenley&co

Hey guys can’t find much info on doing this job, I’m going to attempt it this weekend it’s starting to leak worse lately...

can anyone lead me in the right direction to a DIY link or just the parts I need? I’ve found a bunch of seals but not sure the exact one I need. Also, should I do the pinion ring bearing? Or do you need special tools for that?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
The pinion seal is easy but you need special tools to do the bearings. To change the seal you just unbolt the drive shaft and then the pinion flange (32mm), usually it comes off with some work but sometimes they require a puller due to rust. You then remove the seal, install the new seal and reassemble with a new pinion nut torqued to 160ftlbs

kenley&co

Cool thanks sounds easy enough. Is there an obvious sign my bearing is bad? Is it common they give out eventually?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Cool thanks sounds easy enough. Is there an obvious sign my bearing is bad? Is it common they give out eventually?

It's not common but I've seen a few, mostly on Sport diffs. They typically start making noise and become loose eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles