Rear bumper water tank.

Anybody know what type of plastic it is? I wonder if ABS glue would work, then you would have all kinds of threaded nipples and plugs you could use. I would rather use plastic fittings with plastic parts. A beefier threaded bung would be a bit more durable I think.

Of course E-6000 glue would work. You can stick water to a duck with that stuff.

Kooke

I have done it on my JK. It's a good idea as long as you don't intend to do some serious rock crawling as I did.

When ever the bumper got hit it cracked and the water spilled- even the slightest hit makes small leaking cracks

So now I'm seeking for other solution

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
No concern for the added weight? 5 gallons is about 50lbs so this would be closer to 70lbs behind the rear wheels. Seems like a big trade-off just for water on tap.

Espo78

Adventurer
If you carry a passenger, or a large dog,a full tank of gas or have an aftermarket bumper you are adding the same if not more weight. 70lbs is a very small trade off for water on demand. Besides, it's not like you need to have it full all the time.

Espo78

Adventurer
Oh I didn't realize this was such an old post that got bumped also. I've had my water tank for a year or so now. I ended up buying the "Aquabumper" kit from Jeep Karma. It wasn't too much more than pricing out the parts separately and it was really convenient to install.

4D3AD712-BA45-49DB-8731-596B01539F39_zpshnae2sko.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online