Rear Bumper w/ Swingout Tire Carrier for F150... Why doesn't this exist!?!?

dbhost

$2200 though. To hold your tire.

Apparently you cannot be poor and enjoy overlanding based on what I see here and on GXOR :ROFLMAO:. You must spend a manditory $10k cash to even think about it.
That is kind of why I am doing my build a piece at a time and using what I have, or have been collecting literally for at least 35 years. Lots of estate sale camping gear, lower to mid range stuff modded to fit my specific needs etc...

Before I am ready to hit the trails, I likely will have another $10K sunk into it, but I am going through a total engine overhaul, gears, some body work due to failed door hardware for my backdoors which is common on SuperCabs...

Honestly, I would be money way ahead just buying a similar vintage Silverado, but I would be back at square one. Probably make it just about even by the time the winch is mounted etc...

It's honestly a pity Isuzu stopped selling in the US. I actually liked the Rodeo. A female friend (NOT girlfriend) I knew before I met my wife had one. It was actually a shockingly competent off roader considering it was so cheap and cushy for its era.... She could almsot keep up with my CJ-7...

Honestly that is one way to drive costs down, start with less popular 4x4 models. Isuzus, 90s / early 2000s Nissan, Mitsubishi etc...

dbhost

I think that's the reason you don't see them much.

They interfere with the "normal" "truck things".

It's easy to forget that what seems normal or useful, can be odd or even a hindrance to the average consumer.
I KNOW nobody makes one like this. But why not a Lambo style swing away spare carrier that just sort of scissors at a pivot point to allow access to the tailgate / bed without having to swing past a trailer?

billiebob

Yep, agreed. The rear swing out is neat.

I don't think it would work for me as I tow. It's already a pain just trying to open the tailgate once the trailer is hooked up.
Not that this would work but but think outside the box, I changed the trailer jack location on my trailer to clear the tailgate.
DSC_0011 2.jpeg

DSC_0011.jpeg

skrypj

That is kind of why I am doing my build a piece at a time and using what I have, or have been collecting literally for at least 35 years. Lots of estate sale camping gear, lower to mid range stuff modded to fit my specific needs etc...

Before I am ready to hit the trails, I likely will have another $10K sunk into it, but I am going through a total engine overhaul, gears, some body work due to failed door hardware for my backdoors which is common on SuperCabs...

Honestly, I would be money way ahead just buying a similar vintage Silverado, but I would be back at square one. Probably make it just about even by the time the winch is mounted etc...

It's honestly a pity Isuzu stopped selling in the US. I actually liked the Rodeo. A female friend (NOT girlfriend) I knew before I met my wife had one. It was actually a shockingly competent off roader considering it was so cheap and cushy for its era.... She could almsot keep up with my CJ-7...

Honestly that is one way to drive costs down, start with less popular 4x4 models. Isuzus, 90s / early 2000s Nissan, Mitsubishi etc...
Ive got an SAS’d 95 4Runner with winch, winch bumper, sliders and air lockerfor way less than 10k.

It just sucks to drive on the road more than 20 miles lol.

I KNOW nobody makes one like this. But why not a Lambo style swing away spare carrier that just sort of scissors at a pivot point to allow access to the tailgate / bed without having to swing past a trailer?
If I am picturing what you're trying to describe...

It would be a great option, but expensive, and very limited market.