Rattle can truck bed coating

buellconvert

View attachment 713490
They are a little dirty but I’m really happy with how they came out. Holding up great after a year of road salt and dunking in salt water at the beach. It cost me about $50 and a couple hours of work. I used a set of JK sport stock steel wheels I bought for $20 on Craigslist.
I have plain steel wheels on my Silverado and did the same thing, it's amazing what a coat of black will do to change the entire look of the wheels and vehicle. The added benefits are they are inexpensive and it takes no time for the initial coats, and if/when they get beat up you just grab a can and touch them up! Well done!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Reactions: WVI

Overland Ram

If you’re looking for a quality DIY spray bed liner get the raptor 2k spray cans. They are a little on the expensive side but you get what your pay for and the quality I’ve found holds up way better than the rust oleum bed liner brands. Here are some pictures of my chrome bumpers before and after sprayed with raptor liner. Hope your truck bed turns out nicely! CheersBACE4344-0F35-449D-8346-2A52FBEC05BD.jpeg49D032B8-EBE6-4762-983C-A014DA2681E1.jpeg8753CFDA-68AC-42C7-91F3-9B2E48A34909.jpegB733B362-7450-49EA-91F1-283CA6C7A7EE.jpeg

ripperj

Explorer
Overland Ram, the bumper looks great, did you do the grill too?, or buy a black one?
How long ago did you do the bumper? I want to do the same, but I’m nervous it will peel off, even if I take a 80 grit disk to it.

I have the Raptor spray guns and a compressor. I did my bed and was pretty happy with how it sprayed, but did a pretty course coating. I’d like to do the grill and bumpers a bit smoother
Thx
Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I made a bed rack and used the Rustoleum Truck bed coating. I've read that the Truck Bed coating is popular for armor. So, I thought I would give it a try. I like the finish of it. But, I'm not happy with the durability of it. It scratches down to the primer very easily.
I know prep is everything. So, maybe I didn't prep it, right. I like to use it on my front tube bumper, when I'm ready to install it.

What's the best way to prep it?
I'm thinking I should strip it all the way down and start over.
The YouTube channel projectfarm did a review of bedliners. I can’t remember who came out on top.

Overland Ram

Overland Ram, the bumper looks great, did you do the grill too?, or buy a black one?
How long ago did you do the bumper? I want to do the same, but I’m nervous it will peel off, even if I take a 80 grit disk to it.

I have the Raptor spray guns and a compressor. I did my bed and was pretty happy with how it sprayed, but did a pretty course coating. I’d like to do the grill and bumpers a bit smoother
Thx
Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Keith,
Yes I sprayed the grill too. I took the inserts out and sanded them cleaned them, then applied Upol adhesion promoter before I did about two coats of raptor liner on it. I followed those same steps for both bumpers and both running boards. When it comes to the smoother finish I’m sure you know to adjust the pressure on the regulator of your sprayer. I did mine back in February of this year and it’s showing no signs of peeling. Would love to see your results when you’re done as I’m sure it will turn out better than mine knowing you’re using a spray gun rather than a rattle can.
Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles