Rare Mitsubish Montero SR

19psi

The Devil Made Me
Very rare 95 Montero SR, 3.5 V6, 184k miles, engine rebuilt 5 years ago, brand new rear brake pads and rotors, cooling system and trans service done today, leather interior, factory 31" tires!, 4x4 obviously. this thing runs and shifts great, absolutely no noise out of the engine, smooth and quiet.

here's the cool stuff: the transfer case allows 2wd, AWD with open center diff, then 4 wheel drive high with locked center diff and 4 low with locked center diff.
the open center diff will come in handy for those snowy days when you just wnat full traction without worrying about driveline bind when you hit a dry patch of pavement.
then, most importantly, a factory installed rear electonic locker. This truck will wheel with almost anything out there short of a tube buggy or someone who doesn't care about body damage.

Seats 7! has the cool jumpseats in the rear cargo area. this truck is setup like the foreign market Pajero's exept without the diesel engine. It's a very rare model with these options.
I'd put some good mud tires on there, get rid of the side steps and go wheelin'.

the drivers seat has a tear in the leather on the seatbottom, I can get it fixed if you want.
also, the tires are about 35%, but I can get anything you want put on there for a good deal.
lastly, the ABS light is on, probably a wheel speed sensor.

price? $3499.

S3010013.jpg

S3010012.jpg

S3010011.jpg

S3010010.jpg

S3010009.jpg

S3010006.jpg

S3010007.jpg

IMG00042-20100418-1834.jpg

IMG00044-20100418-1835.jpg

IMG00045-20100418-1837.jpg

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
Bump for a nice rig. This rig has the larger running gear, including larger rear diff, larger trans, etc. Oh, btw, rear diff is a factory air locker, not electric...

19psi

The Devil Made Me
Bump for a nice rig. This rig has the larger running gear, including larger rear diff, larger trans, etc. Oh, btw, rear diff is a factory air locker, not electric...

it's air?! wow. i haven't heard a compressor, so it must be very quiet. I know the locker works though, it was the first button i pushed when i test drove it when I firstlooked at it!
Do you know what size the rear ring gear is?

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
it's air?! wow. i haven't heard a compressor, so it must be very quiet. I know the locker works though, it was the first button i pushed when i test drove it when I firstlooked at it!
Do you know what size the rear ring gear is?

Rear ring gear is ~9.5"... the compressor is a low pressure unit (I think it's 5psi?) and is in the rhs jack compartment, behind the middle bench seat.

xped

Adventurer
This is the exact same rig as mine and I love it. These have the luxury of a high end soccer mom suv but will out wheel most anything. Gas mileage is not great I get 12 around town and 20 highway but it pays off with versatility. Took mine wheeling in the snow with friends and spent the day pulling their rigs out, I never got stuck once. Mine has 205k miles and still runs great. Things to know: timing belt, make sure its fresh, and changing it is a major pain. Use only Mitsubishi tranny fluid (SP3). I use Mobil 1 pure synthetic in the engine. There are several small coolant lines on the intake manifold which break on high mileage rigs, replace them now. Make sure the crankshaft pulley bolt has been replaced with the updated one. If it still has the long bolt that sticks out flush with the pulley it's the old one. This bolt will slowly back out then seize into the crankshaft and trust me it's not a fun fix. Lots of info on these truck here and on 4x4wire.com. Some one buy it.

hike2fish

Just bought one exactly the same as pics, 95 Montero SR white and grey 138k, being delivered to me in the next week or so, needs some TLC to make it road/trail worthy :)

19psi

The Devil Made Me
wow. yes, this has been long gone for years. hopefully still running and being enjoyed by someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior