Raptor Custom GOBI Ranger Roof Rack w/Lights

Shadow-Warrior

Observer
Well, I must say this was the hardest MOD to decide on and in the end, I’m VERY happy with my final choice. I shopped around for along time for the “right” rack which would fit my large IPF lights on the Raptor. I first thought about going with an ARB short rack then adding a custom stand alone BAJA style light bar. I waited along time for the light bar to be built and when I finally got it, the welder screwed up the dim on the bar and my lights would not fit…I had already bought an ARB Short rack. I decided to sell the NIB ARB rack to a board member. I gave up on the custom BAJA light bar and decided to go a different route.

During the long wait time I did a lot of thinking about what I wanted to accomplish. My goals were, I really needed a “FULL” size roof rack. The Raptor is being built as an Expedition vehicle. I need all the storage space I can get. I shopped around for a full size rack and really liked the GOBI Ranger but it only excepts 6” Off-Road lights….So, I kept looking around, I thought about buying a full size ARB then fab in an ORU Light bar to it. I spent some time doing more research and when talking with some of our venders, I heard that GOBI would build me what I was looking for. I wanted full protection for my IPF lights, so I needed a rack that would incase my large IPF’s. They are 8.5” in dia. I contacted GOBI and they said they could do it for me. I received my rack today. I have to say I’m very impressed with the quality of the roof rack, GOBI makes one fine piece of equipment. I just ordered the GOBI ladder; Shovel & Axe mount along with the Hi-Lift mount for the rack. Well, now I can’t wait to get the mounts so I can stop carrying everything in the back of the Raptor.
lol.gif

Best-2.jpg

Best-1.jpg

Not only is the GOBI going to be a great functional Rack, but it looks good too. The quality is awesome and Steve at GOBI is great to deal with. :)

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
I just sold my Gobi because it was too good. Actually it has a nice curved look to fit the roof line. I need a roof top tent for an upcoming expedition and needed a flat floor, so I sold the Gobi and ordered an ARB with accessories and all.

I know I'm going to regret it, so take it from someone who has one.

THEY ARE THE BEST

-Ben

Shadow-Warrior

Observer
Ben, It's to bad you had to sell it, I wonder if you could have made some small support brackets for the tent at the rear and the front to take the 'Curve" out of it and make the tent fit that way?

Mike

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
I thought about it, but I have chopped up my front & rear ARB bumpers for other accessories. I have made a decision to stop modifying after market items because they lessen the reliability on the trail and can leave me stranded.

-Ben

obert272

Observer
Wow that looks really nice! What kind of IPF lights are those?

On Edit: I found out that they are the 900 series lights. They look really nice, so does your truck!

Last edited:

Shadow-Warrior

Observer
obert272 said:
Wow that looks really nice! What kind of IPF lights are those?

On Edit: I found out that they are the 900 series lights. They look really nice, so does your truck!

Thanks, I like it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles