Ranger Raptor testing in Flagstaff

Sedonut

Adventurer
I've lived in Sedona for over 20 years. It's Sadona now. Too many tourists, trampled trails, bumper to bumper traffic, trash everywhere. Sad

Sold my house. I'm moving.

GB_Willys_2014

I've lived in Sedona for over 20 years. It's Sadona now. Too many tourists, trampled trails, bumper to bumper traffic, trash everywhere. Sad

Sold my house. I'm moving.
I am a transplant to AZ, but my wife was born and raised here (from a very small "town"). She, to say the least, is upset by the rapid change/development of what was once rural or wild. Tragedy of the commons. :(

Dalko43

Explorer
I'm really glad to see that Ford didn't skimp out on the payload and towing.

According to the specs (still unofficial), 4x4 models should have something in the ballpark of 1.5k-1.6k lbs of payload for the 4x4, which is very good for the midsized class of trucks. About 7.5k lbs of towing capacity.

TFL Ranger Specs

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I'm really glad to see that Ford didn't skimp out on the payload and towing.

According to the specs (still unofficial), 4x4 models should have something in the ballpark of 1.5k-1.6k lbs of payload for the 4x4, which is very good for the midsized class of trucks. About 7.5k lbs of towing capacity.

TFL Ranger Specs
I linked an article in another thread. Ford confirmed 7,500 lbs towing with the tow package and 1,860 lbs payload.

Dalko43

Explorer
I linked an article in another thread. Ford confirmed 7,500 lbs towing with the tow package and 1,860 lbs payload.

I think that 1,860lb payload will be with a stripped down, single cab or extended cab, 2wd. Still nothing to sneeze at, but the 4wd 4-doors will likely have lower payloads, at least according to the articles I've seen so far.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
That would make sense. So, I wonder if the 7,500 lb tow rating be for a 2WD XL supercab? (Not that I'd attempt to tow that much with that truck anyway.)

My F150 is rated for 10,300 but I don't think I'd hook up more than 7,500 lbs to it....

smlobx

Wanderer
^^^^
That's just pure BS.
It wasn't too long ago that the Ford Exec's were saying that the Ranger would never be coming back to the US and you should just buy a F-150 and be happy.
Now we know the Ranger is coming and there have been several sittings of LHD RR's testing in the US.

Since Fomoco is basically giving up on cars with the exception of the Mustang they need to fully flush out the truck market in order to be relevant.....

IMHO I think Ford is planning on fully developing the Raptor lineup to include a version of the yet to be seen Bronco...
There, I said it!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Time will tell. Maybe they'll end up offering an FX4 Level II package again? Who knows.
I *think* there are other markets where this truck is sold that are LHD. Maybe that would explain the sightings? I did read about a Ford exec recently hinting at a Bronco Raptor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne