S

Scenic WonderRunner

Thanks Everybody!

These shots are so cool!

Keep Going!

Aloha!

wjeeper

And it looks like the redneck bowser is enjoying it too. :wings:

Redneck bowser likes to chase/ try to eat everything that crosses her path:sombrero:

Here she is right before she speared me right in the legs, knocked me over and licked me to death:
Picture020.jpg

............i miss that dog :(

CLK Foxhall

Adventurer
Wow - Great pics!

For those who tow an off-road trailer, in the snow conditions - How is it?

I know that's a general question, & the answer is dependent on multiple variables (tow vehicle, specific trailer & actual conditions),... but generally w/ a good 4wd, is snow a deal breaker or not?

If you have a good 4wd & brake controller,... do towing trailers (AT Horizon, Chaser Teardrop, etc) in snow conditions, make using chains a must? What other requirements do towing trailers require, if you want/need to travel in snow conditions.

With the understanding that the question is general, I'd appreciate any feedback. (I live in the PNW & considering an AT trailer). Thanks!

Cheers!
~CLK

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Wow - Great pics!

For those who tow an off-road trailer, in the snow conditions - How is it?

I know that's a general question, & the answer is dependent on multiple variables (tow vehicle, specific trailer & actual conditions),... but generally w/ a good 4wd, is snow a deal breaker or not?

If you have a good 4wd & brake controller,... do towing trailers (AT Horizon, Chaser Teardrop, etc) in snow conditions, make using chains a must? What other requirements do towing trailers require, if you want/need to travel in snow conditions.

With the understanding that the question is general, I'd appreciate any feedback. (I live in the PNW & considering an AT trailer). Thanks!

Cheers!
~CLK

For me it would depend on the snow depth. I have no problem chaining up and towing mine in snowy icy conditions. If the snow is deeper than say 10" I would probably say no thanks.

With a brake controller and chains on the trailer I maintained total control even driving down iced over mountain roads. Again, I would avoid tougher roads that are challenging without snow and stick to maintained forest roads.

But maybe I'm just a wimp. :elkgrin:

Dec312008001.jpg

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
With the crafstman we have on this forum, I'm sure someone could build something like this in their spare time :victory:

Attachments

• Snow-Mobile.jpg
    Snow-Mobile.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 57

MNDodge

Observer
Headin out to find a Christmas tree

Attachments

• DSC00201.JPG
    DSC00201.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00202.JPG