Silver Lake Off the Powerline road from Barstow to Primm
11-02-13_16.jpg

Powerline road...
11-02-13_13.jpg

11-02-13_09.jpg

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Awesome shots! ^^ Nice work.

Was riding my bike around the other day and stopped at a park to admire the clouds rolling in. Snapped a couple simple iPhone pano shots. :)

10968504303_a52d4bef7f_h.jpg

10968501283_24511c985e_h.jpg

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
a couple of plein aire sketches
I had to look that up :)

I like the idea of a hobby that is less dependant on high-tech

@GTABurnout, in the first Powerline Rd shot, what are the objects miraging in the distance? They are quite similar to each other and because of the dust I'm guessing trucks.

taco2go

Explorer
WOW, great shots. Getting the light correct with such a bright powerful sun is hard without getting blown out. Nice.

Thanks, ND grad filters are easy to pack and work great! Have a few more pictures from the trip I hope to get to, once work lets up.

Rob, I have been trying to do one or two a month, mostly small sketches- I think it is such a great way to study color relationships etc. Actually this guy from your neck of the woods, is a huge reason I got into it - been following his blog for a while now. Andy Dolphin

Enjoying all the phenomenal photography on this forum as of late :)

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Actually this guy from your neck of the woods,

From his blog

I liked the general structure of this one but the major forms were a little fractured and it lacked punch. I particularly wanted the sheep to catch a bit more of the evening sunlight. So I carefully scraped back the dry paint with a new palette knife, to get rid of the biggest ridges, and got to work.

and

I feel the end result does a far better job of capturing the glowing atmospheric light that attracted me in the first place. I also reduced some of the mid-ground clutter by deleting what appeared to be a second dam behind the once where the cows are standing.

Many photographers used to envy artists because they could paint what they "saw", not what was actually there. Now with digital and computers we can do the same, does that mean we are finally "artists" :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior