Random Scenic Shots

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

ssc45

Observer
Indeed, when the surfs up, it is impressive. One year they called off days because the surf was too large. I was lucky enough to be there when they called the Eddie. Massive waves. If the world gets back in order, I am supposed to be at the North Shore this June. Taking the whole family, kids and grandkids. Staying at Turtle Bay. However, we do go twice a year, so if all goes well, I hope to be back for Pipe in Dec.

Cheers, Steve
9J4G3212.JPG9J4G3538.JPG9J4G3646.JPG9J4G3669.JPG

FJR Colorado

Explorer
^ That first shot looks sooooo "Endless Summer"...

Amazing shots all around.

This was Waimea Bay after a huge gushing rainstorm; the river was cranking...
ROogDAd.jpg

I was basically bumming around living out of pineapple stands...
AKBpAwH.jpg

deserteagle56

Adventurer
2 years ago 3 of us went out to this grave in the middle of nowhere Nevada to repair, repaint and reinforce the fence, we weeded the area and planted a bag of tulips all around the site, went up there friday and most of the tulips are growing and found this one starting to bloom.

Thank you for doing that, NevadaLover.

One of my all-time favorite camp and ride areas is located about 10 miles further in from there so I head up that road frequently. Here's a couple shots from 2008:
IMG_5236r.jpg

IMG_5235e.jpg

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Thank you for doing that, NevadaLover.

One of my all-time favorite camp and ride areas is located about 10 miles further in from there so I head up that road frequently. Here's a couple shots from 2008:
View attachment 575231

View attachment 575232
Are you talking about the cabin or the grove at cottonwood creek? I Love that whole area clear down range to la plata, spend a lot of time there too.

That fence looks a lot better now but the wood is already shedding the good oil based paint we used so if I find a good set of wrought iron railings I plan on revamping the fence, should last many more generations.
I need to remember some brass polish for the plaque one of these trips, just keep forgetting.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
Are you talking about the cabin or the grove at cottonwood creek? I Love that whole area clear down range to la plata, spend a lot of time there too.

Neither. I prefer a "room with a view". There is a ridge overlooking Dixie Valley some miles past the cabin where I always park.
P1090274er.jpg

I love to throw open the doors at sunrise and watch the sun light up the Stillwaters.
P1070934er.jpg

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Neither. I prefer a "room with a view". There is a ridge overlooking Dixie Valley some miles past the cabin where I always park.
View attachment 576145

I love to throw open the doors at sunrise and watch the sun light up the Stillwaters.
View attachment 576146
I have a spot dug out at an old mine a little south of the cabin that sits above dixie valley and keeps me out of most wind, love to camp and enjoy the days there getting buzzed by top gun boys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles