Ram Tradesman w/power wagon option VS Gladiator rubicon/mojave

Pnwfullsize

Well
unfortunately the wait could be a long time before we see prices drop. New owner for my jeep is flying in tomorrow morning so until I get something I will be stuck borrowing my wife's CRV touring or worse yet my 85 yoa mother's subaru imprezza. What 61 yoa man wants to have to call his mom to come and get him lol....
Well then go for it. If its worth the money to you you will not be disappointed. There are days i wish mine was a tradesman as i like the simplicity, but most days i am enjoying my cooled seats and sound system in mine.

STREGA

Explorer
Kinda funny I've been considering the exact same 2 trucks for my next vehicle. The Mojave would be a fun truck with the removable top/doors, smooth ride with the Fox shocks, a smaller footprint than crew cab fullsize and good towing capacity for a mid size truck. The PW is just Badazz, what I like about it in the Tradesman trim is that it doesn't have the PW decals, I know they can be deleted but almost all the PW's on dealer lots come with them and no clearance lights on the cab roof. You just get what makes it a PW without all the bells and whistles which suits me fine.

Now doesn't seem like a great time to buy IMHO Incentives are not that great right now and dealer lots are a bit thin also. Stop by the Jeep/Ram dealer in Prescott yesterday to check out a Mojave but they didn't have one and they were not sure when they would get anymore in the near future. Their lot was half empty from what they normally have although they had a couple PW's, maybe 10 Gladiators and 4 Wranglers when they usually have a couple dozen. Personally I'am waiting to get my job back (5 months and counting) and see what the elections in November bring.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Vehicle-dependent Expedition Guide
by Tom Sheppard
From $133.97
Cycling the Great Divide: From Canada to Mexico on North ...
by Michael McCoy, venture Cycling Association
From $9.99

Explorerinil

Observer
Kinda funny I've been considering the exact same 2 trucks for my next vehicle. The Mojave would be a fun truck with the removable top/doors, smooth ride with the Fox shocks, a smaller footprint than crew cab fullsize and good towing capacity for a mid size truck. The PW is just Badazz, what I like about it in the Tradesman trim is that it doesn't have the PW decals, I know they can be deleted but almost all the PW's on dealer lots come with them and no clearance lights on the cab roof. You just get what makes it a PW without all the bells and whistles which suits me fine.

Now doesn't seem like a great time to buy IMHO Incentives are not that great right now and dealer lots are a bit thin also. Stop by the Jeep/Ram dealer in Prescott yesterday to check out a Mojave but they didn't have one and they were not sure when they would get anymore in the near future. Their lot was half empty from what they normally have although they had a couple PW's, maybe 10 Gladiators and 4 Wranglers when they usually have a couple dozen. Personally I'am waiting to get my job back (5 months and counting) and see what the elections in November bring.
I saw one monotone loaded power wagon with the decal delete, that looked really cool. Picture a tradesman with the black powder coated bumpers and flat black grill. I don’t care for the power wagon decals on the bed, I removed mine in under 1 hour.

bahn112

I debated between a Gladiator vs PW earlier this year and ended up with the PW. I knew i'd be losing some crawling capability but the extra space, amenities, and ride more than make up for it. Pricing was around the same between the 2 platforms but for the money the PW was more nicely equipped.
Can't go wrong with either one IMO!

Pnwfullsize

I saw one monotone loaded power wagon with the decal delete, that looked really cool. Picture a tradesman with the black powder coated bumpers and flat black grill. I don’t care for the power wagon decals on the bed, I removed mine in under 1 hour.
One of the reasons i chose black was because the decals become much more subtle and i actually like them. Down side is, the truck is black lol.

burbinkojack

been doing the tradesman with pw option since 2017. Salesman for the largest Ram dealership in the world had never heard of it either. First he did not believe me and I pulled it up on my local dealers website and he was like wow...never ever saw one like that.
Just priced one up, just as well to just buy the power wagon. You gain a winch and it's the same price. In Canada anyway.

Explorerinil

Observer
Just priced one up, just as well to just buy the power wagon. You gain a winch and it's the same price. In Canada anyway.
Around here the PW is usually less than the gladiator due to incentives by ram. The gladiator should cost less the the PW, your paying for the Jeep name.

jadmt

I am in USA and the Tradesman with pw option gets the winch and all the mechanical things that make the pw ie lockers front and rear, suspension, disco etc. The only thing they don't get the fancier interior and decals on the outside.

STREGA

Explorer
I am in USA and the Tradesman with pw option gets the winch and all the mechanical things that make the pw ie lockers front and rear, suspension, disco etc. The only thing they don't get the fancier interior and decals on the outside.
Or the clearance lights on the cab roof which I have on my current Ram and can easily live without. As for pricing the Tradesmen PW that I built on the website was about 46K, on autotrader I have seen Mojave’s as low as 46K but we’re fairly stripped versions. 50K+ gets you a Gladiator that would be a nice ride. $$ value goes to the PW for sure.

jadmt

Or the clearance lights on the cab roof which I have on my current Ram and can easily live without. As for pricing the Tradesmen PW that I built on the website was about 46K, on autotrader I have seen Mojave’s as low as 46K but we’re fairly stripped versions. 50K+ gets you a Gladiator that would be a nice ride. $$ value goes to the PW for sure.
correct. funny thing is all the tradesmans with pw option I have looked at have had the cab lights, they are only a $95 option.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Explorerinil

Observer
correct. funny thing is all the tradesmans with pw option I have looked at have had the cab lights, they are only a $95 option.
i have owned 1 truck without cab lights, personally I prefer the look with them. I rarely see a 2500 or 3500 without them.

jadmt

took back to back test drives between the Ram Tradesman pw and the Gladiator rubicon and did not make the decision any easier. If the ram would have been a bit less red I might have made an offer but not sure a 61yoa guy needs to be driving something so bright lol. they had a nice black one but it is out of my price range.E69A7A0B-974B-4971-BABD-976744644D88.jpegE4290B05-208D-418D-92C2-E0015BDCCEBE.jpeg