Ram Tradesman w/power wagon option VS Gladiator rubicon/mojave

Explorerinil

Observer
Get the Waggy. FWIW, I'm glad I didn't get a Tradesman version like I thought I wanted. The bigger 8.x Uconnect opened up a host of things that I added later with AlfaOBD. Mine might be a tier 1? (tow mirrors was the only other option)

It has yet to fail to take me where I've wanted to go even with a FWC in the bed and tipping the scales at 10k. Remember, other than springs, radius arms, shocks, it is a 2500 HD RAM.
I agree! I’ve been 100% satisfied with my power wagon.

Pnwfullsize

size does not bother me so much as I have had many full size pickups. I would be all over a tremor except for the price. Both the Tradesman with PW option and either Gladiators can be had for well under $50,000 which is my limit.
For 50k you should be able to get a regular power wagon not just a tradesman. Dave Smith got me down to 47k on one. I couldn't find a tradesman with pw package anywhere and i think ordering one is harder to negotiate price if even possible.

Explorerinil

Observer
For 50k you should be able to get a regular power wagon not just a tradesman. Dave Smith got me down to 47k on one. I couldn't find a tradesman with pw package anywhere and i think ordering one is harder to negotiate price if even possible.
i got my fully loaded power wagon, minus ram boxes and sunroof for 53k.

jadmt

i got my fully loaded power wagon, minus ram boxes and sunroof for 53k.
Dave Smith is 120 miles from me and I have bought from them in the past but they are not dealing like they used to. On a Tradesman with the PW package they are exactly the same as my local dealer. Just under $49K I was on the phone with them on Monday trying to work a deal. I was there in November with my buddy who bought a new 3500 ram and got a smoking deal but even places like Dave Smith and Dennis Dillion I think covid has had a big effect. Heck it is almost Sept and we still are seeing only 2020's coming in and there is not the glut of vehicles on the lots to sell.

jadmt

No, XLT and higher, which is a shame.

I’d be willing to bet you could pick one up at the end of the year for under $50k.

The spartan build I did on ford’s site had me just under $56k. That’s with just the Tremor package and few options, ie upfitter switches, tow pkg, and clearance lights (because I just think they look cool 😝).
I think in a normal year but this has been anything but normal. SD fords are in short supply due to covid.

jadmt

I was on the phone with them monday and not happening. I am 120 miles from them and have bought from them and have always gotten great deals but right now they are not dealing..neither is Dennis Dillion.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The end of May was the COVID-climax time to buy. Dealerships were ghost towns, tumble weeds blowing around, dust on the trucks.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Pnwfullsize

I was on the phone with them monday and not happening. I am 120 miles from them and have bought from them and have always gotten great deals but right now they are not dealing..neither is Dennis Dillion.
Are yoy in WA? I saw lithia ram in tri cities as well as eugene Oregon are listing tradesman power wagons at about 48k and. Tri cities has a pretty nice looking green one.

jadmt

Are yoy in WA? I saw lithia ram in tri cities as well as eugene Oregon are listing tradesman power wagons at about 48k and. Tri cities has a pretty nice looking green one.
Montana and those are the same as I can get the tradesman with pw option here. thanks. local dealer has a white, red and that green. I think the green you either like or don't and it is not my fav.

jadmt

So what Dave Smith just told me is that the manufacturers have suspended hold backs to dealers for the last couple of months due to covid.

Pnwfullsize

Might be worth paying the 48k for a tradesman if you are financing and can get 0 interest, otherwise i would wait until prices go back down. I would think a tradesman can be had for sub 45k

jadmt

Might be worth paying the 48k for a tradesman if you are financing and can get 0 interest, otherwise i would wait until prices go back down. I would think a tradesman can be had for sub 45k
unfortunately the wait could be a long time before we see prices drop. New owner for my jeep is flying in tomorrow morning so until I get something I will be stuck borrowing my wife's CRV touring or worse yet my 85 yoa mother's subaru imprezza. What 61 yoa man wants to have to call his mom to come and get him lol....

njtacoma

Explorer
Listen to the overland podcast where Scott and Matt talk about current offerings, Matt has a gladiator, but bothe he and Scott said they would purchase a Ram.
I’m a Ford fan, so my vote would be a tremor, but for your choice I would say Ram PW

phsycle

Adventurer
unfortunately the wait could be a long time before we see prices drop. New owner for my jeep is flying in tomorrow morning so until I get something I will be stuck borrowing my wife's CRV touring or worse yet my 85 yoa mother's subaru imprezza. What 61 yoa man wants to have to call his mom to come and get him lol....
You never know. If the second wave of covid is as brutal as some say it will be. And what happens with election. Could spell turmoil at the end of the year. Which could mean excellent pricing. Keep your moms number handy 😝