Ram Tradesman w/power wagon option VS Gladiator rubicon/mojave

Recommended books for Overlanding

Into Africa
by Sam Manicom
From $24.6
Don't Go There. It's Not Safe. You'll Die.: And other mor...
by Jared McCaffree, Jessica Mans, Kobus Mans
From $19.99

phsycle

Adventurer
Edit: Can you get a Tremor on the XL?
No, XLT and higher, which is a shame.

I’d be willing to bet you could pick one up at the end of the year for under $50k.

The spartan build I did on ford’s site had me just under $56k. That’s with just the Tremor package and few options, ie upfitter switches, tow pkg, and clearance lights (because I just think they look cool 😝).

plainjaneFJC

Goofball
No, XLT and higher, which is a shame.

I’d be willing to bet you could pick one up at the end of the year for under $50k.

The spartan build I did on ford’s site had me just under $56k. That’s with just the Tremor package and few options, ie upfitter switches, tow pkg, and clearance lights (because I just think they look cool 😝).
Well for reference I ordered an xl diesel, sticker was 56, I paid 50.

jadmt

saying you can get a tremor for $XXXX based on what you got something completely different for is like saying I can walk into mcdonalds and buy a wopper JR for $1.25 because I get a mcdonalds cheese burgers for around that price.....
Look at the raptors every dealer within a 1000 miles of me will not deal and most have a $5000 ADM on them. The few Tremors I have seen listed on any lot are well equipped and not a penny off msrp.

plainjaneFJC

Goofball
I have you found one on at a dealer that is willing to deal? I have not had any luck finding one that will deal on the tremor. If you have someone let me know I will travel a reasonable distance.
Have you talked to fleet departments? I have always ordered my trucks that way.

phsycle

Adventurer
saying you can get a tremor for $XXXX based on what you got something completely different for is like saying I can walk into mcdonalds and buy a wopper JR for $1.25 because I get a mcdonalds cheese burgers for around that price.....
Look at the raptors every dealer within a 1000 miles of me will not deal and most have a $5000 ADM on them. The few Tremors I have seen listed on any lot are well equipped and not a penny off msrp.
Tremor is brand spanking new so I’m sure many dealers won’t negotiate on them. But in a few months, when dealers have a good stock of them, they will deal.

Every new vehicle has the hype at release. I remember in the late 90’s, people paying top dollar over MSRP for Honda Odyssey’s!! Wait for a bit. They will be discounted.

Grassland

What about F250 XL/XLTand build it up as a tremor equivalent?
Like factory warranty is nice as is driving off the lot ready to go, but I refuse to buy my vehicles at MSRP and often the deals of the month exclude the truck u want as is.

Like I buy my Ford's when it's employee pricing, typically 10k off MSRP on volume trim

Oilbrnr

Get the Waggy. FWIW, I'm glad I didn't get a Tradesman version like I thought I wanted. The bigger 8.x Uconnect opened up a host of things that I added later with AlfaOBD. Mine might be a tier 1? (tow mirrors was the only other option)

It has yet to fail to take me where I've wanted to go even with a FWC in the bed and tipping the scales at 10k. Remember, other than springs, radius arms, shocks, it is a 2500 HD RAM.

Recommended books for Overlanding

phsycle

Adventurer
What about F250 XL/XLTand build it up as a tremor equivalent?
Like factory warranty is nice as is driving off the lot ready to go, but I refuse to buy my vehicles at MSRP and often the deals of the month exclude the truck u want as is.

Like I buy my Ford's when it's employee pricing, typically 10k off MSRP on volume trim
Last time I bought, it was around 22% off MSRP. This was on a new gen F150 back in 2015 (December). So despite the popularity now and shortage, by year end, they will deal.

plainjaneFJC

Goofball
When you order from a fleet department the tremor package is just another box they check, supply/demand doesnt matter, they sell at invoice minus rebates.