-->

Ram Tradesman w/power wagon option VS Gladiator rubicon/mojave (turned into a Power Wagon build thread)

Antwon412

^^^^ Amazon has those for $35. Was thinking of picking one up.
I’m sure it’s nowhere near as strong as a home built job like yours though.

jadmt

^^^^ Amazon has those for $35. Was thinking of picking one up.
I’m sure it’s nowhere near as strong as a home built job like yours though.
$18 for the steel but a few hours messing with it. Those Reese or Curt hitch guards are just thin wall. The plate on this is 1/4” and the gussets 3/8” and the tube hd 2.5”x 2.5” 1/4”. Which is the the size of the ram receiver so no 2x2 adapter needed Which would be needed With either of those

Antwon412

$18 for the steel but a few hours messing with it. Those Reese or Curt hitch guards are just thin wall. The plate on this is 1/4” and the gussets 3/8” and the tube hd 2.5”x 2.5” 1/4”. Which is the the size of the ram receiver so no 2x2 adapter needed Which would be needed With either of those
Sweet - I’ll send you my address :ROFLMAO:

jadmt

Also It bugged me not having a 3rd brake light on my softopper so I ordered a $12 brake light off amazon and used some of those crazy strong magnets to hold it in place. RAM has a brake light wire they have hidden under the spare made just for this. Used sae connectors so easy to unplug when I pull the topper or fold it up.

jadmt

Looking great sir - any chance of you wanting to make an extra skid and sell it?
I suppose if there was enough interest and I could sell them for enough to make it worth it I might consider it. Shipping would be killer. If there was enough interest at a price point that would make it worthwhile I might look into it.

dnorrell

Adventurer
Since you have a newer PW with the synthetic winch line, I wanted to ask you a question. Did your truck come with a protective line sleeve? I think I saw a YouTube video where they mentioned the truck comes with this sleeve to protect against abrasion, but I haven't found one in my truck yet. Thanks!

jadmt

Since you have a newer PW with the synthetic winch line, I wanted to ask you a question. Did your truck come with a protective line sleeve? I think I saw a YouTube video where they mentioned the truck comes with this sleeve to protect against abrasion, but I haven't found one in my truck yet. Thanks!
Yes, are you sure they did not put it on when they installed the winch line? The dealers install the winch line and some I know put it on when they install the winch line and others leave it in the glove box or under the rear seats.8A3F6BEC-97E0-4F30-AC6B-37870233B8B2.jpeg5F578323-2A08-4B54-822A-1FE65603EC11_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

dnorrell

Adventurer
Oh, there's a thought. I haven't yet pulled out the line (embarrassed to admit), so I'll check there. Thanks!

I have to say I'm loving your rig with the soft topper. I really thought hard about that option, but I was concerned with theft because we are on the road and I have to tote around things like a generator, extra solar panels, etc. Still, I love the aesthetic and simplicity! I have ordered an RSI SmartCap EVO for this truck that *should* hit the port on Dec 12. I'm really itching to get this thing installed! Little anxious ordering one without seeing it on our model truck, but I feel pretty jazzed.

Last edited: