Ram Tradesman w/power wagon option VS Gladiator rubicon/mojave (turned into a Power Wagon build thread)

jadmt

ordered a Softopper today but of course I want (black) is backordered. they had both gray and tan in stock but they say not to try and color match your truck and to get a contrasting color. I have a billet silver so the gray is out and I think tan would look goofy so I wait..

Antwon412

ordered a Softopper today but of course I want (black) is backordered. they had both gray and tan in stock but they say not to try and color match your truck and to get a contrasting color. I have a billet silver so the gray is out and I think tan would look goofy so I wait..
Surprisingly tan looks good on silver! I have seen a couple Tacoma’s set up like that.. And then eventually, you could get some bronze wheels to kind of match!

jadmt

Surprisingly tan looks good on silver! I have seen a couple Tacoma’s set up like that.. And then eventually, you could get some bronze wheels to kind of match!
I could not find any photos of a full size billet with the tan and just can't envision it looking ok. Of course I am not a fashion genius by any stretch.

Antwon412

Hmm. I remember it looking better in my head! :LOL: Not terrible. But black would look better.
I have one on my Rebel. Love it. I get more comments about it than my truck. It is just so amazingly handy.

9134D849-2AEC-49F6-9BF8-F22213D738B7.jpeg142158CA-B3B6-46F7-8CE8-EA110E7DDBB7.jpeg4C8509B5-2D2D-41DC-8305-32D2036703DF.jpeg5CC1A73B-910B-4B62-8A39-E23B94FF4458.jpeg

dnorrell

Adventurer
I was lured into this thread by the title. I had a 2016 Tradesman Power Wagon and loved it. After 3+ years and 80k+ miles, It ended up getting traded on a 2019 1500 last year (too good a deal to pass up). To be honest, I was craving some creature comforts and the new 1500s looked so good. We got a Limited and the air suspension was divine. It pulled our home on wheels great too!

We spent the past seven months in Montana up near Flathead lake, and a couple of weeks before we left to head back south for the winter, our 1500 got traded in on a new Power Wagon. Oh my goodness, I hadn't realized how much I missed it. That said, I am very familiar with the route from Missoula north on 83 past Swan Lake and I am super jealous of the mileage you're seeing! I have yet to see anything better than 14mpg while not towing. I am hoping this will improve with time; the previous PW did get a little bit better after break-in, but I never saw anything over 14.5 in that one with the previous transmission. The numbers you are seeing give me hope that good things are to come!

jadmt

Hmm. I remember it looking better in my head! :LOL: Not terrible. But black would look better.
I have one on my Rebel. Love it. I get more comments about it than my truck. It is just so amazingly handy.

View attachment 623234View attachment 623235View attachment 623236View attachment 623237
I’m glad i’m waiting. :). Yes they seem like great way to go. i didn't get the screened rear window which not sure if i might call them and tell them to add one to my order. I did get the cover for when it is folded.

jadmt

I was lured into this thread by the title. I had a 2016 Tradesman Power Wagon and loved it. After 3+ years and 80k+ miles, It ended up getting traded on a 2019 1500 last year (too good a deal to pass up). To be honest, I was craving some creature comforts and the new 1500s looked so good. We got a Limited and the air suspension was divine. It pulled our home on wheels great too!

We spent the past seven months in Montana up near Flathead lake, and a couple of weeks before we left to head back south for the winter, our 1500 got traded in on a new Power Wagon. Oh my goodness, I hadn't realized how much I missed it. That said, I am very familiar with the route from Missoula north on 83 past Swan Lake and I am super jealous of the mileage you're seeing! I have yet to see anything better than 14mpg while not towing. I am hoping this will improve with time; the previous PW did get a little bit better after break-in, but I never saw anything over 14.5 in that one with the previous transmission. The numbers you are seeing give me hope that good things are to come!
Headed to Boise via hwy 12 tomorrow and will adhere to speed limits so should do pretty well As mostly 50-55mph. Even pumped tires up to 55psi.

Pnwfullsize

Black is worth the wait. I almost went tan on my black PW but couldnt risk it. I also opted for the cover and no screened window. I've never used the cover though.

Antwon412

I do think the tan looks great on red, blue or green trucks.
I don’t have the screen either. Just clear plastic.
I actually run mine with the sides and back rolled up about 99% of the time.

Pnwfullsize

I do think the tan looks great on red, blue or green trucks.
I don’t have the screen either. Just clear plastic.
I actually run mine with the sides and back rolled up about 99% of the time.
Me too. I run a tailgate pad too for our mountain bikes so the bag has to be rolled up anyway. Really only close it up if the dog is in his kennel back there and the weather is bad. Or if we have a lot of gear i dont want getting dusty.