Ram Tradesman w/power wagon option VS Gladiator rubicon/mojave (turned into a Power Wagon build thread)

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I am going to see what it is like to actually wear out a set of tires on this rig....good thing is I have a feeling the stock duracraps will be worn out in a year as it is hard not to give it a little extra gas to break them loose now and then.
Mine came with BFGs in '11 and they wore out at 11K miles.

Todd n Natalie

Observer
I am going to see what it is like to actually wear out a set of tires on this rig....good thing is I have a feeling the stock duracraps will be worn out in a year as it is hard not to give it a little extra gas to break them loose now and then.
The duratracs I had on My F150 before this current set lasted 74,000 miles / 120,000 kms. Just replaced them a couple months ago. Bought the truck in Feb 2017.

Recommended books for Overlanding

The Alchemist, 25th Anniversary: A Fable About Following ...
by Paulo Coelho
From $10.47
Adventure Motorcycling Handbook: A Route & Planning Guide
by Chris Scott
From $48.88
Motorcycle Messengers: Tales from the Road by Writers who...
by Lois Pryce, Mark Richardson, Carla King, Sam Manic...
From $9.99

jadmt

I could get the same color, take off the stickers, and I don't think she'd really even notice...
until she tried to get in it the first time. My wife is only 5'3" and it is a step up. My buddy who bought one is like 6'5" and he says it is even a step up for him. but if you present the facts right she will be glad you got it. the passenger side safety rating is much better for the passenger in the Power Wagon than in the 1500 series......tell her how important that is to you. *disclaimer the 2019 or 2020 PW have not been rated yet but based on my insurance rate I can tell you they are not involved in crashes so that in itself makes them safe.........

jadmt

The duratracs I had on My F150 before this current set lasted 74,000 miles / 120,000 kms. Just replaced them a couple months ago. Bought the truck in Feb 2017.
nope not going to happen on mine they "WILL" be wore out in a year...that has already been determined.... "honey look these tires are getting a little bald and for your safety we should be looking at new ones"

Halligan

Adventurer
I'm 6'2" and sat in a Gladiator when they first came out and it's to small for me. Also, while I love my PW there are times I wish I had an 8' bed, forget a smaller one. The ride quality will be better in the PW and long highway rides will be a breeze. Lastly, dollar for dollar you get much more truck with the PW.

*EDIT* I see you purchased one, congrats. Add a signature so we can all see what you got.

Last edited:

Recommended books for Overlanding

999 Days Around Africa: The Road Chose Me
by Dan Grec, Dan Grec
From $19.95
The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United Stat...
by TeriAnn Wakeman
From $64.95
Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why
by Laurence Gonzales
From $9.99
Motorcycle Messengers 2: Tales from the Road by Writers w...
by Jeremy Kroeker, Ted Simon, Lois Pryce, Billy Ward,...
From $9.99
I was scared to death of that stupid plastic tranny pan Ram saw fit to install on these rigs. Makes no sense that a truck designed to go off road would have a plastic pan.
While I fully agree with your statement about a plastic pan on an off road pickup but it’s actually because the filter is built into the pan on the 8 speed. That’s why they all have a plastic pan regardless of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk