Ram Tradesman w/power wagon option VS Gladiator rubicon/mojave (turned into a Power Wagon build thread)

jadmt

I know a bit different, but at the same time close enough in payload for my needs and either has enough tow capacity for me ie I will never pull a trailer over 5000lb so both have plenty of cushion towing wise. Initially I was thinking of throwing a ZR2 in the mix but just does not seem like it would satisfy me after looking at them. My previous 4 rigs have all been wranglers (3 4 doors and 1 2 door) and I have been kind of spoiled by them. Part of me says to hold out for the new bronco but that means I could be holding out a long time. 3rd world problem I know...

Grassland

Jadmt, how do you feel about the length and width of the platform tho?
That's significantly larger than JKU et Al, and also way heavier.
Otherwise only thing even close.os the tremor, and it's front axle doesn't lock, nor does it have a winch

GreggNY

If you don’t mind the added dimensions of the power wagon, it’s not even a comparison as far as comfort and driving manners. I had 3 jku’s before my PW, and the PW basically does everything except the most extreme off road situations way better than the jeeps ever could.

Explorerinil

Observer
I went to down size from my cummins and looked at everything. It came down to the power wagon and gladiator. The power wagon won due to cost and room.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The PeeDub is a big wide girl. That matters on many trails. I needed a tugboat and two spotters to get around some bends when I had one.
Other than that, what they all said. It tows like there's nothing behind it.

jadmt

Jadmt, how do you feel about the length and width of the platform tho?
That's significantly larger than JKU et Al, and also way heavier.
Otherwise only thing even close.os the tremor, and it's front axle doesn't lock, nor does it have a winch
size does not bother me so much as I have had many full size pickups. I would be all over a tremor except for the price. Both the Tradesman with PW option and either Gladiators can be had for well under $50,000 which is my limit.

jadmt

Have you sat inside both vehicles? I was very surprised at the lack of room in Jeeps ...
I have driven several gladiators and found them plenty roomy for me (5'10" average build). I have not driven the 2500 tradesman pw yet but have a basic 2020 Ram 3500 tradesman which should be the same cabin wise..

jadmt

Power Wagon for sure because they're bada**

I've seen too many grocery getter Gladiators with hot suburban yoga moms in them.
you say that like it is a bad thing :). I keep my vehicles sparkling and have been accused of being a mall crawler yet I have done the Rubicon trail, dusy ershim all the colorado trails and go to Moab 2X a year. I usually just smile and chuckle. I have a friend who is a county prosecutor and dresses to the hilt and keeps her jeep immaculate and I am sure when people see her get out they think she has never offroaded but her dad is an ex pro racer and she can wheel with the best of them..

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Have you sat inside both vehicles? I was very surprised at the lack of room in Jeeps ...
Don't get me started...
...I'm 6'5" and would have a Gladiator right now if I could've fit in it. They were dropping their drawers at the time (end of May). But I hit my head on the soundbar.
The 1500 suits me.

jadmt

Don't get me started...
...I'm 6'5" and would have a Gladiator right now if I could've fit in it. They were dropping their drawers at the time (end of May). But I hit my head on the soundbar.
The 1500 suits me.
funny thing is my buddy who is 6'6" and first gladiator which was the launch edition he it his head on the sound bar. Several months later he sat in a rubicon with cloth seats and had no problem. strange I know but true. Regardless at 5'10" and done growing :) it is not an issue for me.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I hit my head in all of the JLs I've tried on. But the first Gladiator, no problem --- turns out it had custom seats in it.

Tradesman with a PW package. I didn't even know that was a thing until you brought it up. I coulda shoulda.... ...dang....