Ram Rebel or Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
But with the number of recalls and TSB's they have on their trucks, FCA has more than a little room for improvement.

Only two on my Dodge. One for the steering linkage (passed the inspection, no change required). The other for the Takata air bags, same as many other manufacturers. Tundra got one for the computer changes to eliminate "unintended acceleration," which I'm not going to let them perform because it eliminates working the brake and accelerator simultaneously to get out of stuck situations. And don't forget that Toyota was forced by the feds to offer complete frame replacements for trucks that showed extensive rust and corrosion (both Tundra and Tacoma as I understand it). I think the Tundra also got the Takata recall.

ccahoon

I hear you on the Tacoma feeling cramped for tall guys. I'm 6'4" and my first gen Tundra DC feels way more roomy than new Tacomas do, even though they are similarly sized on paper.

I'm not sure why you think the Power Wagon is an acceptable size while saying the new Tundra is too big, though. Power Wagons are absolute behemoths!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I agree, But if i'm gonna drive a tank, it better be ones that can do everything...

polishammer

No contest, Ram all the way. Ram is the nicest driving truck from them all thanks to coil over rear suspension, so you don't need air suspension. Now, comparing Tacoma to Ram is not really fair as Ram is bigger, more capable, roomier, tows more and more comfortable, but it is also a full size truck whereas Tacoma is not. The only place Tacoma will be better than Ram is a tight off road trail. Other than that, Ram any day.

diggerline59

Enginerd
Sold my 2016 Tacoma TRD Off-road and moved up to a power wagon. Can't speak to the rebel, but I hated the Tacoma and don't know if I'll ever go back to a Toyota. At 80mph on the freeways here in montana my power wagon gets better mileage than the Tacoma did (Tacoma was better in town though). I moved out here in my Tacoma pulling a 6x12 uhaul trailer and it was downright scary with the lack of power in a few situations.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
I am 6 foot and the seating position in a Tacoma is very uncomfortable to me in the first and second generation Tacoma's

I bought an 08 Tacoma Crew Cab 4WD 2 years ago. Kept it a total of 2 weeks and sold it. It was that uncomfortable. I like a seating position to be more chair like versus sitting on the floor with your legs flat and stretched out as it is in the Tacoma.

ouachitaadventure

Took a Tacoma home for the weekend for before buying my most recent ram. I really wanted to like it, but the power was horrible. Not that I need a lot of power, but I'd like to go up a moderate incline without downshifting twice and sounding like a was preparing for take off. I see these guys with all the mods, wheels, and tires done on their Tacos and wonder how they move. The stock vehicle was so underpowered I can't imagine adding weight or extra rolling mass with tires.

Also hated the seating position.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I’m a Ram person, so I’ll vote for the Rebel over the Tacoma. That said, we just bought a Chevy Colorado ZR2 for my wife, and the V6 is pretty zippy. The 5,000lb max towing may be an issue for you, but it might be a truck to consider in the midsize department. I’ll also say this, at 6’8” I’m pretty comfortable in the front seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94