Ram HDs with Baja Designs Fog Kits?

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
A few weeks ago I installed a BD kit in my Ram 3500 with a set of amber wide cornering Squadron Sports wired to the fogs and a set of clear Combo Squadron Sports as driving lights. I'm really happy with the wide cornering lights as fogs. The spread is great and coverage is really good. On the other hand, I'm really disappointed with the Combo lenses. I see very little difference from my factory high beams and the combo sports. I was expecting more.

Is this what everyone is seeing? What is everyone else running to actually get some distance and coverage in a driving light? Do I swap the lenses to spots?

I'm tempted to just go whole hog and order a set of XL80s and mount them on the A Pillar. Is that what it takes to get serious coverage?

Has anyone tried the wide cornering with the spots rather than the combos?
I have Pros but yes. I have wide cornering, combos, and spots. There is more outer spill with the spots and wide cornering (fog) than the combos alone. The combos put out a good amount of light for their size but I'm actually considering changing the lenses to spots to run two sets of spots and a set of fogs. A set of fogs on the A pillar angled out would be a great addition too.

Going back to your original comment, I can't tell my high beams are on with just one set of Squadron Pro's lit.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
So, I shot an email to Baja Designs letting them know I was dissapointed in the lights and they made me an extremely reasonable offer to send the lights back to have the board swapped to the Pro units. I'm going to take them up on it and swap to spot lenses at the same time.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I have Pro's on the windshield in a white spot pattern and Sports in the fog pocket, one pair are amber wide angle cornering and the other are white driving combo. We also have a set of Sports in a white driving combo lens in the 4Runner fog pockets as well. I wouldn't say that I am disappointed in the driving combos but they sorta don't do anything well, they are just kind of middle of the road in their light dispersion. The wide angles work well at illuminating the ditches and sides of the road which I appreciate to keep an eye on animals that might dart out in front of me. The Pro spots are just ok too, not sure that they throw light really any further than the Sport driving combos even though they have a much higher lumen rating. I am a big fan of light bars when it comes to needing lots of light way out in front. As a word of caution, I don't think either of the lights (Sports or Pros) are proper to be used in town or with oncoming traffic, both are far too bright when viewed head on.

Last edited:

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I'm going to update this now that I've run a few different things in different positions.

The combo of Squadron Sport Wide cornering and Squadron Pro Spots in the fog pockets was awesome. Perfect combo.

Now I have the Pros in Driving combo on my A pillars and a 20" Onx6 on my 2019. Absolutely crazy coverage.

But I think the Driving combos are perfect for ditch lights on the A pillar. Otherwise, you need two sets of squadrons, one wide cornering and one spot. It's just too much to ask from one light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior