Ram 5500 is here

zb39

Adventurer
dealership called, truck is here...........................Loaded with heated leather front and rear, plus all the goodies, dual tanks, upgraded tires etc.

Attachments

• IMG_2284.jpg
    IMG_2284.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_2285.jpg
    IMG_2285.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 428

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Looks good. multi leaf spring pack; single secondary spring; Shackle hang reversal from the factory makes for a more stable truck.
What are you going to put on the frame in place of that spare tire? Is this 4WD? Diesel? How many gallons between the two tanks?
jefe

zb39

Adventurer
9.4 ft CM steel bed is scheduled to be installed Monday. 4WD and diesel. 52 gal rear, 22 gal mid. 74 total. I drove it 15 miles home last night in pouring rain and put it in the garage. I think it's going to work well for us.

Explorerinil

Observer
Very cool, that’s my next truck. Are you planning on running a different bumper? What you got in mind for plans?

zb39

Adventurer
CM flatbed in steel is getting installed today. I'm looking at Buck stop bumper for the front.

peculierboy

CM flatbed in steel is getting installed today. I'm looking at Buck stop bumper for the front.

I'm interested in what bumper you go with. Our 4500 is in and getting fitted for a flatbed as I type, for, of course, our Host Mammoth camper.....

zb39

Adventurer
Here is the truck yesterday after the bed was installed. I had an extra 7 pin installed up front for the camper. I test fit the mammoth last night. Looking good so far. Insurance companies don't like these trucks. USAA told me to pound salt. SO after 32 years I'm done with them. Suggestions appreciated. I'm loving the truck so far. I have started looking at tool boxes for under and above the bed.

Attachments

• IMG_2300.jpg
    IMG_2300.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_2301.jpg
    IMG_2301.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_2304.jpg
    IMG_2304.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_2305.jpg
    IMG_2305.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 444

tienckb

Adventurer
What was the fuzz with USAA? Are they trying to get u to insure as commercial use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peculierboy

Ours (granted it's a 4500) wasn't hard to insure at all, our agent didn't even bat an eye. The state of Maine, however, nicked me pretty hefty for a commercial plate due to the GVWR.

zb39

Adventurer
I had no problem at state farm. They handle all my real estate. USAA didn't want it. No idea why. On truck now and ready to go friday. Can't wait.

Tnthompson8

Sweet looking setup. I think the RAM platform is best for that application. Have you weighed in at the scaled yet with the camper on the back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles