RAM 3500 MegaCab Cummins/Aisin AEV XL on 40"s with iKAMPER RTT

Explorerinil

Observer
I’ve thought about it. First I really need to choose lockers. There can be a slight variance in the kit I need vs availability based off the lockers I choose.

Does anyone have good experiences with something other than ARB? I’m looking at a Detroit Truetrac rear and PW style elocker front. Any pros/cons experiences with those in a late model ram?

Thanks
I ran a Detroit in the rear of my 01 2500, I really liked it, worked great, it had some issues in tight turns or on ice, but overall it was streetable. I know a few guys that have ran electric lockers and have has good luck with them. I would recommend leaving the rear stock and just putting an arb in the front.

CTDJeeperman

37 Toyo rt

I had 37 Toyo RTs on my last 4th gen Ram truck and really liked them.

Current truck has 40x13.50R17 Cooper STT Pro (also really like them). They are wearing way better than I thought. I’m doing a 5 tire rotation so should be a while before I need new tires. Then who knows. Might eventually have two sets.

Explorerinil

Observer
I had 37 Toyo RTs on my last 4th gen Ram truck and really liked them.

Current truck has 40x13.50R17 Cooper STT Pro (also really like them). They are wearing way better than I thought. I’m doing a 5 tire rotation so should be a while before I need new tires. Then who knows. Might eventually have two sets.
I’ve heard nothing but good things about the stt pro’s.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I had the STT Pro's on my 2016 F-250. I loved the look, the price, and the performance, but they got louder as they wore and they didn't wear as well as the RT's have. Nevertheless, they are a great tire.

csj

I'm curious why don't you want ARBs? I put them in my 15 at 5k miles and am having a few issues but I think to no fault of ARB. I did go with 4.56s and am pretty happy with that choice with 37s but think it'll be better with 40s if I can find the clearance.

CTDJeeperman

I'm curious why don't you want ARBs? I put them in my 15 at 5k miles and am having a few issues but I think to no fault of ARB. I did go with 4.56s and am pretty happy with that choice with 37s but think it'll be better with 40s if I can find the clearance.

Every person I know with ARBs in all types of rigs eventually has problems with them. I’m too busy to have truck in shop getting the lockers worked on. They are a great company who stands behind their products, I just want to try something different. I think I’ve decided on 4.30s e locker front and Detroit rear.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Every person I know with ARBs in all types of rigs eventually has problems with them. I’m too busy to have truck in shop getting the lockers worked on. They are a great company who stands behind their products, I just want to try something different. I think I’ve decided on 4.30s e locker front and Detroit rear.

I thought I've seen this monster on 40s roll around town. Anyway, Detroit rear is the best mod I have done to my truck and I could only squeeze 37s on the Suburban. With your ridiculously low first gear, 4.30 gears, 40" tires and a rear Detroit I doubt you will ever put in in 4x4 or need a front elocker.

Looking forward to seeing more of your adventures and pictures!

CTDJeeperman

I thought I've seen this monster on 40s roll around town. Anyway, Detroit rear is the best mod I have done to my truck and I could only squeeze 37s on the Suburban. With your ridiculously low first gear, 4.30 gears, 40" tires and a rear Detroit I doubt you will ever put in in 4x4 or need a front elocker.

Looking forward to seeing more of your adventures and pictures!

Truck currently in Vegas and SoCal area. We’ll be at KOH in February

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier