RAM 3500 MegaCab Cummins/Aisin AEV XL on 40"s with iKAMPER RTT

CTDJeeperman

Here's my new to me truck...

It's a 2015 Ram 3500 Cummins/Aisin SRW 4x4 truck with the AEV Prospector XL package installed by a certified AEV dealer (so it's not technically a Prospector XL, but looks exactly like one without the badges).

I think the AEV Prospector XL kit is one of the best driving / best overall packages EVER produced in the aftermarket. This truck drives better than stock and will go almost anywhere it will fit. Kudos to AEV.

IMG_0203.jpg

Mods so far are...
Custom rack designed by me and fabricated by Scorpion Motorsports in Las Vegas (PM me if you like it, they said they can make more)
The rack is designed with interchangeable slide out tubes for easy swapping of accessories like kayak racks, awnings, tent supports etc
LED Lighting on the rack and in the AEV bumper
Warn 16.5 ti Winch
IKamper RTT
Full size matching spare

Next mods are...
4.30 Nitro Gears
Lockers (probably e-locker front and detroit rear)
BedSlide with a Dometic Fridge and slide out camp kitchen
Will use factory rear tire "hoist" to mount spare underside RTT rack
Possible Hitchgate to have two full size spares
Water Tank / Pump in place of factory spare
Some type of heater / water heater
Titan Fuel Tank (factory replacement / @ 20 more gallons)

Trips so far...
Million Dollar Highway area (near Ouray, CO)
Valley of the Gods (near Mexican Hat, UT) & Moki Dugway
Valley of Fire State Park (near Las Vegas, NV)

Upcoming trips...
All 5 UT National Parks / Moab and places in between
Full White Rim Trail (Canyonlands NP)
King of the Hammers (Hammertown USA / Johnson Valley, CA)
Banff/Jasper NP

More Pictures...
IMG_0015.PNG
IMG_0312.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0193.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg
IMG_0136.JPG

Last edited:

ttengineer

Adventurer
The brackets for the tent, did you have those made or is there a part number available I can google?

I also had an ikamper, the bed was just too thin for me so I traded it for an XXL JB.

Quality build though. I’m eager to hear trip reports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CTDJeeperman

The brackets mounting the iKamper to the 2" pipe are McMaster Carr clamps part # 11355T36. (Vibration-Damping Routing Clamp, Zinc-Plated Steel with TPR Rubber Cushion, 2" ID). The bolts mounting the iKamper bracket to the tube clamps are 1/2" carriage bolts (I had to drill out the holes on the clamps a bit), but 1/2" bolts were required to not spin in the iKamper bracket channel.

Explorerinil

Observer
Nice truck! If your running the stock gears you definitely need a set, I got the nitro 4:30 gears and in my opinion with 37’s my truck, also with the aisin trans feels like it did when it was bone stock. With 40’s I would run 4:56 gears. I know AEV runs 4:30 on the xl package, but after putting 40,000 miles on my set up, I would go deeper if I ran larger tires.

trailscape

Explorer
...Is that an F117 photobombing your truck? :unsure:

img_0189-jpg.490296

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior