Ram 3500 High Output Cummins Build on 37's

GPurcell01

I am running 48psi in the rear and 44psi up front, seems perfect for daily use. I bump it up to 65/60 when towing heavy. I’m running the same coils, same offset Methods and 37x12.50’s and no rubbing at all. That said, the difference in tire and the lack of fender flares might be the difference maker.

Thanks I'll have to try that out. How did you come up with 44psi in the front? Seems very specific. Did you do the chalk test? What load rating are your tires?

GPurcell01

Went to a CAT scale and weighed the truck to see what it was front/rear. Used the load index chart for my tires and sure enough it came out to less than 45psi in the front. The rear is a little interesting because on paper I only need about 25psi... Dropped it to 35 and am happy with it. Rides really well.

UglyViking

Keep in mind that this is with a 37x13.5 wide tire. If I had gone with the usual 37x12.5, I bet it would've fit with zero rubbing. Other than that pinch weld, I have no issues.
Good to know with the wider wheel. I think it's likely a combo of the wider wheel and the offset you're using for the wheels.

Looks great!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Went to a CAT scale and weighed the truck to see what it was front/rear. Used the load index chart for my tires and sure enough it came out to less than 45psi in the front. The rear is a little interesting because on paper I only need about 25psi... Dropped it to 35 and am happy with it. Rides really well.

Curious to see what your weights were. Here is the ticket from mine (SCLB CTD 4x4) before I started modding it.

xfJ05Wz.jpg

GPurcell01

Curious to see what your weights were. Here is the ticket from mine (SCLB CTD 4x4) before I started modding it.

xfJ05Wz.jpg

I upped my front pressure to 47psi.. Felt great at 44psi but could feel the tire "roll" going down a winding road for the first time. This is my weight with the 37s on the truck and almost a full tank.

PXL_20210928_143812958.jpg

UglyViking

xfJ05Wz.jpg
It's crazy about how much different a regular cab weighs vs a crew. I get yours is factory, but still, I'm legit 1k more weight than you, which I would have not expected.

I'm coming in at 8360lbs with 37s, toolbox, standard truck gear, a full tank and my fat ass (200lbs).

I'd imagine that aftermarket shocks, larger wheels and tires will add a few hundred lbs (call it 300?) so you'll still be quite a bit lighter.

GPurcell01

It's crazy about how much different a regular cab weighs vs a crew. I get yours is factory, but still, I'm legit 1k more weight than you, which I would have not expected.

I'm coming in at 8360lbs with 37s, toolbox, standard truck gear, a full tank and my fat ass (200lbs).

I'd imagine that aftermarket shocks, larger wheels and tires will add a few hundred lbs (call it 300?) so you'll still be quite a bit lighter.

Yup I've got about 1000lbs on him too. Interestingly, I have way more weight in the front and somehow less in the rear than he does.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I upped my front pressure to 47psi.. Felt great at 44psi but could feel the tire "roll" going down a winding road for the first time. This is my weight with the 37s on the truck and almost a full tank.

View attachment 684405

Interesting. Now I was bone stock at this point so I'd likely be 200-ish pounds heavier with the 37's and I wasn't in the truck so that drops another 190lbs off of the tag but there's still a 500-700lb difference there. Nack-uh-dough-chess huh, I've been up that way a time or two, spooky trees.

Yea, I was stock and not in the truck so there's 400lbs easily, crazy to see though. I plan to weigh it again once the build is done so that I can see difference from totally stock to built.

Speaking of which, no build thread? Or are you posting it on another forum?

I have one started in a tab/window, I just haven't had time to finish the write up and post it. Kinda torn on whether or not to put it up now or wait until it's further along in the build.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Yup I've got about 1000lbs on him too. Interestingly, I have way more weight in the front and somehow less in the rear than he does.

I think it has to do with how the single cab long bed is laid out. The rear axle is pretty far back on the chassis in relation to the bed so it's probably distributing more of the overall load out back than your DCSB would. Also, your double cab will have more weight from the mid point of the chassis forward due to the much heavier double cab.

GPurcell01

Interesting. Now I was bone stock at this point so I'd likely be 200-ish pounds heavier with the 37's and I wasn't in the truck so that drops another 190lbs off of the tag but there's still a 500-700lb difference there. Nack-uh-dough-chess huh, I've been up that way a time or two, spooky trees.

Yup Nack-o-nowhere lol. I moved out here full time on the family farm. Slowed my life way down coming from Houston and love it. This'll be my home-base once the truck is built out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles