Ram 3500 High Output Cummins Build on 37's

GPurcell01

Apparently I can only do one photo at a time -

Jd5ouVt.jpg

UglyViking

So what exactly is going on here?
It's an aftermarket billet intake plate. from OP's comment, I'm guessing they purchased this version to avoid the cost from the Banks plate. Basically the plate removes the grid heater, which is known to clog on high horsepower applications. In it's place the Banks intake elbow uses a heater coil (from a Ford I believe) that is less likely to buildup in a way to clog the intake.

GPurcell01

It's an aftermarket billet intake plate. from OP's comment, I'm guessing they purchased this version to avoid the cost from the Banks plate. Basically the plate removes the grid heater, which is known to clog on high horsepower applications. In it's place the Banks intake elbow uses a heater coil (from a Ford I believe) that is less likely to buildup in a way to clog the intake.

This is correct. The heater coil is from a Ford 7.3l

ripperj

Explorer
Nice rig! Thought I chimed in here before.
Definitely following along here as I just got a 2021 3500 crew cab long bed.
I’m going to be upgrading the tire / wheels in the spring.
It’s a 6.4 Hemi gasser , but does have the 11.5 rear and 4.10 gears(along with manual transfer case and a 50 gallon tank(the build sheet also says it has an extra 5 gallons of gas, not sure what that means :)

Anyone have thoughts on how 37s will be with the 4.10s? My gut tells me it will be good. My 2012 2500 with 5.7 Hemi and 3.73s was fine with 34” tires , even towing at max capacity

I like your rim choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Explorerinil

Observer
Nice rig! Thought I chimed in here before.
Definitely following along here as I just got a 2021 3500 crew cab long bed.
I’m going to be upgrading the tire / wheels in the spring.
It’s a 6.4 Hemi gasser , but does have the 11.5 rear and 4.10 gears(along with manual transfer case and a 50 gallon tank(the build sheet also says it has an extra 5 gallons of gas, not sure what that means :)

Anyone have thoughts on how 37s will be with the 4.10s? My gut tells me it will be good. My 2012 2500 with 5.7 Hemi and 3.73s was fine with 34” tires , even towing at max capacity

I like your rim choice

It means it comes with 5gallons of gas. You’ll be ok with the 4:10’s, ideally 4:56.

ripperj

Explorer
It means it comes with 5gallons of gas. You’ll be ok with the 4:10’s, ideally 4:56.

You mean the factory ships it with 5 gallons in the tank? That’s weird.

I’ll play around with a gear calculator, I’m definitely not looking to make a dog out of it, and have no intention of re-hearing

You can have the dealer change the tire size on the computer so the mileage is correct , right?

Explorerinil

Observer
You mean the factory ships it with 5 gallons in the tank? That’s weird.

I’ll play around with a gear calculator, I’m definitely not looking to make a dog out of it, and have no intention of re-hearing

You can have the dealer change the tire size on the computer so the mileage is correct , right?

It needs gas to run and to get into shipping so it’s not that weird. The dealer cannot program for 37 inch tires, look at the AEV pro cal or snap what ever it’s called. You can set the TPMS lower also.

BigOrca

Ok thx

You can do part of the programing with the AEV Pro Cal, but you have to take it to the dealer to make the changes "take". My buddy has a 2016 prospector with 37s and stock 4.10s. I won't say you can't tell, but it certainly doesn't feel sluggish, and he tows in the 7.5-8k pound range regularly. With the new 8 speed I think you'll be pleased with the factory gears.

GPurcell01

Hypertec is what I used. Had to update the firmware for our latest generation trucks but was super easy to use. No need to go to the dealer or anything.

Zuber

Look at AlphaOBD for programming for RAM/Chrystler. You can do anything with it, outside of engine tuning.

I went with Method wheels in 18x9, very strong forged aluminum at 4500 lbs. Also, 295-70x18 Cooper's with a 4000 lb load rating. At 34.5", the speedo is perfectly correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier