Ram 2500 XL for overland / expedition trips

blackdmax15

Observer
The orange piping on the hood looks sick. Nice tie in. That turned out really nice. Random question, do the AEV flares come with front inner splash guard like the rear have?

Ravenmad

Observer
The orange piping on the hood looks sick. Nice tie in. That turned out really nice. Random question, do the AEV flares come with front inner splash guard like the rear have?

They do, I have just been putting off installing them until I am done with everything on the front of the truck so they are not in the way. They actually plastic rivet to the flares, so once they are installed its a pain to remove and reinstall.

Copperhead14

Observer
I am looking at the hood vinyl for my mega cab to reduce glare. I work part time for an emergency vehicle upfitter that also does vinyl work. This one of my favorite builds. It looks great.

Ravenmad

Observer
I am looking at the hood vinyl for my mega cab to reduce glare. I work part time for an emergency vehicle upfitter that also does vinyl work. This one of my favorite builds. It looks great.

When I was thinking / looking around at hood vinyl I realized everything I saw followed the center body line on the hood and went straight back to the windshield instead of continuing to follow the body line. I prefer the finished look of following the body line all the way around the hood. I know most people won't see it, but I see it. It would have bugged me to have taken the easy way and not followed the body line.

Attachments

• 20180718_153002.jpg
    20180718_153002.jpg
    876.6 KB · Views: 98

ttengineer

Adventurer

When I was thinking / looking around at hood vinyl I realized everything I saw followed the center body line on the hood and went straight back to the windshield instead of continuing to follow the body line. I prefer the finished look of following the body line all the way around the hood. I know most people won't see it, but I see it. It would have bugged me to have taken the easy way and not followed the body line.

100% agree. It’s little touches like that that make a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ravenmad

Observer
Your truck looks bada**!
Have you gotten to putting the Sammy Hagaurds on yet?

I have not, work has been crazy busy and they still need to go to powder coating next week. Im going to be using the truck at All4Fun in Empire Colorado at the end of the month so I deff. need to get busy on finishing up some things.

Ravenmad

Observer
Well, thought of the day "purchase the OverlandXL.com domain and build a blog/vlog or something" after being prodded by a friend to do so. :( someone beat me to it.... :( lol, it was a thought...

ttengineer

Adventurer
Well, thought of the day "purchase the OverlandXL.com domain and build a blog/vlog or something" after being prodded by a friend to do so. :( someone beat me to it.... :( lol, it was a thought...

Get in touch with the web hosting people and see if you can buy it from whoever owns it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ravenmad

Observer
Its Official, truck is not going to Hanksville HotRods in Denver. They can only mandrel bend 3" .065, I need 3" .120 to have any kind of real strength. Back to the drawing board. I might have to consider 2.5" instead of 3". There are several shops in the Springs that can mandrel bend 2.5" in .120 What a waste of 2 weeks waiting to get some work done.

Ravenmad

Observer
A few small updates for the day. I got impatient and settled on an Ezi-Awn Bat 270 for the truck, Because of how we are going to mount the awning it will hang over the back of the tailgate by about 8 inches. Plus, Im selling my off-road trailer (CRUX Expedition) and considering a FourWheel Camper (Hawk) for the back of the truck and I can mount the Ezi-Awn to a Four Wheel Camper.

Second update... I bought a Premier Power Welder with 240amp alternator, custom 35' leads and custom length harness so I can mount it in a pelican case on the expo rack with all-weather electrical quick disconnects . I do have to say, I met "ACE" at the All4Fun vendor show yesterday and he was great to work with, absolutely helpful and very knowledgeable.

I will post up picks of how we are going to mount the welder when the rack is finished and installed on the truck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 4.22.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 4.22.32 PM.png
    353.7 KB · Views: 72

Ravenmad

Observer
Back in the saddle... lol gone for a bit, but back to working on the truck.

A new set of tires will be here next week (fingers crossed) 42" Maxxis Trepador M8060s.
This next week should be a productive week (I will post up picks as we get stuff installed), finally getting the bed rack finished and everything mounted to it.

Hopefully a super secret hybrid front axle assembly as Nov. / Dec. project and it looks like the truck may be occupying some booth space at KOH this year ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles