Ram 2500/3500 Info

Wildcat

Adventurer
for you guys with the manual transfer case. keep some spare rubber linkage rings in your door pocket. i found out the hard way. the ones on my 2003 where rotten. the whole link bar fell out of the truck.

ChinaLakePW

The good news: even with the linkage disconnected, you can still crawl under the truck and shift it into 4wd. Of course, if there are 2 feet of snow on the ground you are getting wet. Ask me how I know.

D45

Explorer
IMG_20140201_111427_674_zpswkrq8gzc%201_zpswpe6mh1p.jpg

20190529_195246_zpslbpy3qrj.jpg

Explorerinil

Observer
Nice truck, makes me miss my 05.

What’s everyone using to adjust for tire size on the 2014+ trucks? I’ve seen several options, but am unsure on what to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would go with the AEV pro cal, you can adjust tire pressures also. I have a hypertech, it just does speedometer and shows any error codes.

billiebob

power wagon isn't out of the realm either
Power Wagon has 1400# payload capacity.
After gas, 4 people you are lucky yo fit 800# of stuff.

It was built to go off road right behind the Rubicon and all that flex and capability kills its payload capacity.

billiebob

State DOT laws only care about tire and axle ratings. Those are determined by tire width and number of tires. The actual legal GVWR is determined by your registration. Go ahead. Read the laws. The law doesn't care about that sticker on your door.

Go to page 9.
http://wwwsp.dotd.la.gov/Business/LaGeaux_Docs/Rules and Regulations.pdf
Every state is different. It was almost 30 years ago that DOT started scaling all the 1 ton service trucks and ticketing them if they were over the GVWR on the door jamb sticker. Most everywhere was doing it. THAT is what drove the market for the F450/F550/F650 service truck cab & chassis. And Dodge & Chevys offerings too.

Last edited:

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Every state is different. It was almost 30 years ago that DOT started scaling all the 1 ton service trucks and ticketing them if they were over the GVWR on the door jamb sticker. Most everywhere was doing it. THAT is what drove the market for the F450/F550/F650 service truck cab & chassis. And Dodge & Chevys offerings too.

30 years ago is not today. And 450 trucks and up existed prior to 1989.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a state that does not have consistent weight laws with the above. If California is exactly the same as Louisiana you can bet everyone else is consistent as well.

Interstate commerce works because of consistency in things like weight laws. If you can post a link to someone actually being cited for being over the yellow sticker weight, go ahead. Otherwise, I'll believe the laws posted by the DOT rather than hearsay.

D45

Explorer
The 5.7L PW with 4.56s are an intetesting combo and drive good

The 6.4L with 4.10s seems like a solid setup, and seems more powerful

The 3.73 geared trucks just seem under-geared

SoTxAg06

The 5.7L PW with 4.56s are an intetesting combo and drive good

The 6.4L with 4.10s seems like a solid setup, and seems more powerful

The 3.73 geared trucks just seem under-geared

The 3.73 gears suffer when you add larger than stock tires for sure. Seriously considering regearing to 4.30 or 4.56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles